OOC Mission Topic: 19217-2237

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Archives Promethean Command Station Mission Control OOC Mission Topic: 19217-2237

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Xavier
    Keymaster

OOC topic for the mission.

Xavier
    Keymaster

I have added to the main mission thread an extra note about the “Active” times. I think this should be times we agree on where we decide to spend time online posting to further the RP story more quickly.

If we make the time frame 12 hours, then it should cover most timezones. Of course, you wouldn’t be expected to post for the full 12 hours, but the expectation would be that you find the time during those 12 hours to make a series of posts to help further the story.

My suggestion is a Tuesday, from 6pm UTC to 6am UTC. Friday from 6pm to 6am UTC. There needs to be a third day somewhere in there too.

Xavier
    Keymaster

Thinking ahead as part of this mission…

Would the plant analysis and identification come under “xenobiology” as it they are alien plant species? Also, are there any tools or pieces of equipement that would be used for collecting, storing and analysing the plants? Such information can be added to the Player Toolbox to use now and in the future.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

I really see the lack of SciFi technobabble in my vocabular in these instances… I’m so much more geared towards the military part of pre-gunpowder history.

That’s why I’ll let someone else continue on from Turnez and add my own 2 cents at a later point.

Xavier
    Keymaster

Why don’t you go with organising the security and safety of the mission then, suggesting all the supplies, weapons and equipment we will need for general survival and protection on the planet?

Quinn
    Participant

I’ve posted but this is my first time with the forum RP system, let me know if I’ve got the right idea!

Xavier
    Keymaster

@nquinn91

Format was spot on. Sorry there wasn’t any flying in involved. Perhaps we can have some flying out… could be interesting if that storm rolls in and we have to abort!

Blaze Strife
    Participant

@matsiyan I think you are in command and should post before we leave the shuttle, ordering us what to do.

@nquinn91
    @admin Shouldn’t the result on Quinn’s roll be Yes?

Xavier
    Keymaster

The values are 11 55 92. Below 11 is exceptional no, below 55 a no, above 55 a yes and above 92 an exceptional yes.

Xavier
    Keymaster

Technically though it is an unopposed test, so the Difficult Rating (DR) should be Average.

Quinn
    Participant

Ahh, I see my mistake. Thanks!

Tuor Elanesse
    Participant

Hey can we still join to the mission? I would not suggest that since you ve started already however i noticed that there are just 4 posts have been made so far, thus i thought maybe i could still join. What say you?

Blaze Strife
    Participant

I don’t see why not. The only difference is that you’d be in command, and not Matsiyan.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

On the other hand, I’ve decided not to take part in these posts. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused, but I find it really hard to write a post. I’ve tried multiple times now, have thought about it extensively, and didn’t come up with anything I like.

The main problem I have with it is the vagueness of our whole RP. It’s the same reason why I stopped writing the story/logs. I love our RP, but I just cannot bring myself to act via forum in an environment I know nothing about. It’s different when we play on Saturdays because most of the RP elements we have there are known: the crew, the ship, the rank structure, the positions of each crew member, etc. But to play these forum missions, I approach them the same way I approach pen-and-paper campaigns: I want to ask many questions about the world and have a lot of it prepared in advance. Matsiyan’s questions about the N’tani are a good start, but I wonder about the shuttle, the details of the mission, our team’s structure, the planet, the dangers around it (since Xavier mentioned I could focus on security), etc.

Since I currently have other pressing issues to deal with in my real life, I don’t want to be stressed out by something like this, as well. Again, I apologize. I will continue reading about the mission, but I cannot bring myself to post in-character content to it.

P.S. I thought Quinn’s answer was supposed to be “Yes” because I’m into GURPS at the moment, so I forgot that big numbers are good and small ones bad, not the other way around. Sorry.

Tuor Elanesse
    Participant

Isnt it the opposite ? or did I got whole thing wrong?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.