OOC Mission Topic: 19217-2237

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Archives Promethean Command Station Mission Control OOC Mission Topic: 19217-2237

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Blaze Strife
    Participant

I’m unsure anymore. 😀

Sorry.

Tuor Elanesse
    Participant

You do not need to worry about these kind of missions. I wanted to join because i need distraction from life. You are right this system needs improvements but these kind of missions planned to be played between 2 shifts. So it is plausable for the system to be easy and simple. We need a security officer as a standard in missins. So the only enlisted one is you right now.

Do not flood yourself with details.I can sympathize with you, however the aim here is to be relaxed and achieve something in our collective imagination. Keeping it simple does not bother me actualy instead relxes me i do not need to learn new things all over again or lost in character traits.

just give it a try and lets explore the shit out of this planet. If i am the commander now your resignation is officially denied from this mission. If i am not OOC me is saying that we need a security officer on board in case any hostile forces present on this planet because we have just sweeped the sector from enemies and they had comm links active.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Tuor Elanesse.
    Tuor Elanesse
    Participant

This is also first time for me too. How is it looking? should i erase it? Did I do something wrong?

Matsiyan
    Participant

I have so much going on this week that I won’t be able to hold up my end. I was wrestling with it yesterday while I had a day free but the rest of the week and next week are going to be crazy. Maybe I can comment through the psi link if something occurs.

One thing for Tuor: I believe that the planet has no sentient life. The worst dangers will be animals and environment. Also, the immediate aim is set up a weather monitoring station and collect samples from the relatively lush area of vegatation. I was imagining the red zone was so far it would require a shuttle hop.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

Matsiyan’s second paragraph ilustrates my points from the earlier post very well, again. Since it’s not clear enough, we’d need to edit our posts constantly or post questions in this topic to get the answers from the GM. However, the point of Mythic is that there’s no GM, but the scene should be set. Perhaps all that’s required is setting up the scene with enough details.

Tuor Elanesse
    Participant

i am suspicious about the impact site. i know the planet is unhabited. and i thought the red zone was the hurricane because it looks like a weather forecast for hurricane 🙂 and the crashsite llocated near the shore. thank you i will revise the plan.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Tuor Elanesse.
    Quinn
    Participant

I tend to agree, Blaze, that a GM would be able to guide the narrative much better, but I think the Mythic system works best when the players make up whatever story they want and all deal with the random outcomes together, sort of like improvisational theater.

During a shift I’d say that’s probably a bad idea, since it could mess with someone else’s enjoyment of the TSN, but for this it seems like the stakes are pretty low. Worst case scenario: somebody says something that doesn’t quite match with TSN canon or the whole thing kind of trails off into nothing. If that happens then we can just RP next shift as if the whole thing didn’t happen.

For the uninitiated, here’s some basic rules of improv:

• Accept the reality that your partners have created
    • Add to that reality
    • Your statements (not questions) help others advance the plot
    • There are no mistakes, only opportunities

Since we haven’t explicitly said who is or isn’t on this mission, people can just jump in as if they’ve been there the whole time, no harm no foul (@slate included, I know you were the one who brought up this whole idea)!

As for mechanics, on a second reading of the resolution chart, I think you’re right Blaze, rolling lower numbers is better/successful. I suggest we just go with the results we’ve posted so far (despite the incorrect method) and just start doing it the correct way moving forward. Sorry about the mixup!

We’ve established that the planet has plant life from the green we saw from orbit, but how difficult should it be to notice fauna as we move out? I’m thinking about making a handful of unopposed rolls, one to see if there is animal life on the planet at all (AR average?), one to see if it’s hostile (AR below average?) and then one to see if we run into any as we progress (AR low?). My thinking would be that we each periodically roll that last one as we continue on (assuming the first roll comes up “yes”). What do you all think of those difficulties?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Quinn.
    Matsiyan
    Participant

I suggest that the first roll for fauna is whether we find any locally, rather than whether any exists. We would not know without wider research and it keeps hope alive.

For Tuor: there was a very large hurricane cell over a Pacific-sized ocean further west of this continent.

Xavier
    Keymaster

I was thinking about this away mission and going planet side. When we started, I started creating this document. It is unfinished, but does have some details I was thinking about for standard equipment. I was also adding in some new training modules more specific to ground operations.

Planet side Expansion

@Blaze
    you are right that the RP isn’t fleshed out enough. It is through missions like these that we can do that however. If something doesn’t match later, then never mind. It is as much trial and error as anything else.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

Well there I go… I tried to keep it as simple as possible. Wanted to start getting the door open. And now this.

Xavier
    Keymaster

It was a great post Blaze! Dug you out of it and given you a problem to solve 😉 See what you can come up with!

Xavier
    Keymaster

Oh, and I know I have broken the post limit rule, but I am using my prerogative as fleet captain to do so 😉

Xavier
    Keymaster

Just added some information about the drone we deployed to the Planetside Expansion document. Anything else that crops up, I will continue to add in.

Could someone with an expertise in Xenobiology help to identify the creature we’ve found and perhaps explain some of its behaviours e.g. how best to tackle it.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

That’s what I’m waiting for, too. 😀

Tuor Elanesse
    Participant

i have expertise on medical stuff and xeno lingustics

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.