OOC Mission Topic: 19217-2237

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Archives Promethean Command Station Mission Control OOC Mission Topic: 19217-2237

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Xavier
    Keymaster

Right, thinking of assembling the equipment…

I am thinking that an atmospheric monitoring station might have some kind of mast for taking some of the measures. It would also have a small suite of sensors that would have to be secured and then configured. Power systems would have to be activated too. Finally, some kind of data link would have to be created, perhaps on a period transmission that fires of every so often. A small satellite in orbit around the plant could relay the information back to the command post. There are some details here that we can play on.

Tuor Elanesse
    Participant

thank you. yep you are right time is running out and i tried to rush to the and with far fethced interpretations 🙂

Blaze Strife
    Participant

I imagined the mast to have a drill of some kind inside it. So we don’t have to dig the hole with shovels in a space age adventure. 😛

Xavier
    Keymaster

Hahaha. I like the post Blaze. I can just see it happening… the hulking figure of your character hauling the mast over his shoulders and slamming it into the ground.

Matthew Vaj
    Participant

Tuor, fyi I am also confident in Xenobiology. I think having the detail of analysis you discovered might be a bit much, but I’ll go with it 🙂

Tuor Elanesse
    Participant

hahahaah yep as i said i tried to rush to the end 😀 Xavier said it is plausible. I ll keep it simple 😀 I am really enjoying this mission it is like palying artemis in weekdays. And the posts are really good, eleborated.

Should we move on to the next scene? Only plant and fauna samples left right? we can take them on our way back to shuttle?Or can we remote control shuttle? and it can take us to te impact zone?

Tuor Elanesse
    Participant

Wait! MY trait on Xenobiology is also confident 😀 I checked it now. DOes that make me Dr. Mc Coy ? :S

Xavier
    Keymaster

I have made my next post. I am thinking we should end this scene pretty soon and move on to the next. I have been using the storm as a time limiting factor and I think we should get back to the shuttle and have a final escape from the planet.

Quinn
    Participant

Agreed, maybe the commander orders a double-time march back to the shuttle that ends the scene?

Xavier
    Keymaster

Sounds an idea. Next scene will involve you though I reckon if we want to fly off the planet in a storm. Depends how severe it is when we get back to the shuttle. Prey we don’t get an “Exceptional No” result when we ask something like “is it easy to fly the storm?”!

Quinn
    Participant

Crossing my fingers that Quinn doesn’t botch a piloting role, he’ll never live it down! I can hear the galley rhymes now…

“He’s a space baby born and bred, throw a little atmo at him and he shits the bed”

Xavier
    Keymaster

I’ve add the information about the atmospheric monitoring station to the Planetside document. The details can be amended where necessary and if necessary.

Matsiyan
    Participant

Suggestion: guy-wires are usually used to stabilize structures against winds. I think I remember seeing them in “The Martian” movie most recently.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

@admin I think you can end the scene right here.

Unless you plan an encounter on the way. 😛

Xavier
    Keymaster

Scene ended. I need to quickly write up the next scene to play out today.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.