The Bar 9416-2237

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Adele Mundy
    Participant

*Adele Mundy walks into Benjamin’s, cradling a bottle. She goes up to the bar*
    Guy, I hope you don’t mind me bringing this in. I’d been saving it for a special occasion, and dammit, Phoenix is gone, and the… Anyway, I’ll pay your corkage fee, of course. Six glasses to go with it, if you please, and send any of Eagle’s crew over to my table. And Lt.Jr. Matsiyan, when he turns up.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

*Blaze enters the bar, looks around, nods to Guy, spots Mundy, and walks over to her*

Mind if I join you?

Aramond
    Participant

*Eric Aramond pushes open the doors, looking a bit wobbly on his feet*
    Guy…I need something tall ‘nd stiff. Don’t care what it is.
    *Guy gives Eric a strange look, but being the gentleman he is says nothing and pours a glass of mystery booze. Neon yellow mystery booze*
    *Aramond then walks up to Mundy’s table, pulls up another chair and gives Adele a knowing look. Proceeding then to sit down and fiddle with a pair of data pads. There is the faint smell of diesel*

Matsiyan
    Participant

*Matsiyan slouches into the bar and greets Guy unenthusiastically. After another word or two he looks around, nods, authorizes a credit charge and then heads over to the occupied table.*

Hello, Mundy. *he speaks quietly. Then after a pause, with a wan smile *
    Ma’am.

*Guy appears with a tray of glasses and a bottle of brandy*
    I figure this might be useful fairly soon.

Hey, Eric, what are you fiddling with over there and what is that smell?

John van Leigh
    Participant

*van Leigh enters with a slight limp. Under his breath, a hardly ever stopping flow of really big, big Ds. Finally, he sits at an empty table*

Guy, get me a bottle of white wine, real, please, and a salad. Any will do, as long as it doesn’t have any chicken. Enough chicken died in my name today.

*Guy nods in quiet understanding and gets the order*

Aramond
    Participant

*Eric looks up and blinks a few times*

The cartography. Needta update Cronus after the $#%@& that just happened.

*As he speaks, the smell seems to grow*

John van Leigh
    Participant

Sorry, Aramond, won’t happen for a time, at least. We need to send a ship to explore again.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

*Nods as Blaze, Aramond and Matsiyan approach, and waves them to seats.

“Evening,” she greets them. “If it’s evening. Definitely not good, whatever it is.”
    *she looks across at van Leigh’s table*
    “Sir, won’t you join us?”
    *she looks at the variety of drinks on the table*
    “I see we all had the same idea. May I suggest we start with the wine, and move on to the strong stuff afterwards. Matsiyan, I hope you won’t mind if we drink this now. I was saving it for your promotion, but with everything going on right now I’m not feeling like saving anything for a future that might not happen.”
    *she pours the wine carefully into the glasses, and hands them round*
    “Single vineyard Prunotto, 2229, Barolo,”
    *she says, in case it means anything. She raises her glass.*
    “Phoenix, may she rise from the ashes.”

Aramond
    Participant

Then’ll put up a big $#%@& “Don’t Enter” sign. Somethin’ needs to be done…

*Drinks mystery booze*

John van Leigh
    Participant

*Joins them*

Agreed.

She was the oldest ship in the division. Raven, Pegasus, Osiris, Guardian, and now Phoenix, all of them are gone.

Maurice Allard
    Participant

*Maurice Allard had spent the last hour smoking his electronic cigarette. The nicotine helped him cope with all that had happened in his life. From the academy, to the horrors of live combat, nicotine never failed. The same couldn’t be said about his loyalty. Those scales of loyalty to his captain, or loyalty to the government, violently tipped back and forth like a teeter-totter as he walked in the bar. Instantly, he noticed his comrades, and silently slipped in to a chair to listen to the conversation.*

Matsiyan
    Participant

But never forgotten.
    *reverently he takes a glass from Mundy and raises it*
    Phoenix. May she rise from the ashes!

Aramond
    Participant

Firechicken.

*raises what’s left of his drunk without looking away from the data pads*

Maurice Allard
    Participant

Firechicken…

*Maurice mumbled behind his e-cigarette as another puff of vapor filled the air.*

Blaze Strife
    Participant

*toasts* Phoenix!

She kept herself alive enough to save it. Her ember will live on in us!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • The forum ‘Promethean Command Station’ is closed to new topics and replies.