TSN Oath reciting

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) The Mess Hall TSN Oath reciting

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Blaze Strife
    Participant

“whatever floats your coffin…”

Hahahaha!

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Take 2:

“They were our friends and comrades, who died doing their duty. We commit their bodies to the stars: as their atoms return to burn bright in the darkness of space, their memory shall burn bright. As the stars spin and the worlds endure, we shall remember them.”

Blaze Strife
    Participant

I prefer that one. Though do we actually shoot them in the stars?

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Pretty much, yes, that’s what happened at the funeral and remembrance ceremony at the end of the last campaign.

Xavier
    Keymaster

The idea of returning their bodies to the stars is one I think we should stick with.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

I agree.

And then the “Take 2” would be literally correct, but also more scientific and semi-spiritual, which suits a space age civilisation, instead of satyric (“Do not call them the fallen: they shall not fall, but float among the stars.” sounds like we’re running a joke).

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Matsiyan pointed out to me that atoms don’t actually burn. So, more correctly, it should be “their bodies” or “their substance” or “their matter”.

Matsiyan
    Participant

Around 250 graduates of Starship Academy swore the Officer’s Oath before taking their place on the bridge of a TSN vessel to defend our bases against alien agression.

It was quite moving having 36 people at a time reciting the oath together. The amazing thing was that I did not have a single person decline or see a single pair of lips not participating.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Where was this and why was it not bloody recorded?

Matsiyan
    Participant

Phoenix comicon. My datapad was busy as a teleprompter and Lieutenant Mundy was busy running preflight checks on TSN Badb or TSN Diana as were all other available XO’s who were not busy in recruit registration. Ensign Zoe (8 years of age) has not yet been issed with a datapad.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.