Mythic GM Emulator

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Matsiyan
    Participant

Wouldn’t Acting Ranks correspond to Training Level in the relevant skill module? Basic, Trained, Confident, Expert, Master?

Difficulty rank for unopposed is always Average according to the example document.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

Vaj suggested the same thing.

@Nhaima
    , you might be interested in forum RP, so I’m tagging you, in case you missed this topic.

Nhaima
    Participant

I’d been following it, but I’m away for work this week and I haven’t really had the chance to look much at the system yet to contribute. Thank you though, I do appreciate it!

Xavier
    Keymaster

Dante, yes. The idea would be to present your questions and resolutions clearly so it is clear where your part of the story comes from. It also means others can link in more easily too.

As for the acting ranks, we’ll need a converstion of some sort to our own system ranking. Really, the terminology doesn’t matter, as long as it matches up. For example, Trained could be classed as average. We could come up with some extra intermediate ranks too to give broader scope, just keeping it themed to our own universe.

Unopposed tests are the ones that might be a little more challenging, for example what acting rank is assigned when you ask the question ‘does the shuttle dock safely?’ For a routine operation, we wouldn’t even need to ask this, but underfire we’d have to determine how challenging it is and assign it an acting rank. This might be low, or even miniscule if it is paricularly challenging (not looking at the moment so I may have the system ‘upside down’). You would then determine the role using the ‘average’ difficulty rating. This is likely to be the part that needs the most moderation, and it would be down to players to be honest and sensible. It may even be an OOC discussion before a post to get some ideas and reach a consensus.

I am thinking of starting a new holo deck sim to see where the issues arrive. This time I would try and keep it much simpler in scope, but again it will only be a test of the system and may not actually work out. If you are interested speak up. We could go over bits on TS before we start, or discuss on here in an OOC forum thread. Should I go ahead and set it up?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah, I was just checking to see which part the GM took care of, rolling or just answering. That helps. I say go ahead and set it up so we can start to work out the kinks and mechanics.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

Count me in.

Matthew Vaj
    Participant

I’m interested. I’d say let’s give it a shot for a bit, and maybe discuss how it goes on TS tomorrow before the shift starts.

Matsiyan
    Participant

I’d like to give it a go

Xavier
    Keymaster

OK, well I have set something up. The idea is to stick to the objective and see if it can be achieved. Try not do complete it all in one go (fancy spin offs or changes mid session can be done when we get the hang of the whole thing).

I have opened two new threads on the holodeck forum, one OOC and one IC. Go check them out.

One note, I am thinking of some kind of “post limit” factor to add, so you are only allowed to add one IC post every three or 4 posts, just to allow others to chip in. Exactly how that will look is open to debate. Check out the OOC topic thread on the holodeck forum.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘(OOC) Forum RP Development Ideas’ is closed to new topics and replies.