Hello from Phoenix ComiCon

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) The Mess Hall Hello from Phoenix ComiCon

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Matsiyan
    Participant

//My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed playing Artemis several times again at this year’s Phoenix ComiCon. We have the game setup at home and have managed to play several times during the year alas always with new people picking up the game. We would love to experience a smoothly cooperating crew 🙂

We can’t make it today or next week but are looking forward to attending sometime soon and hopefully often. we are both fans of sci-fi (more in the Trek and Firefly, Honor Harrington, Lt. Leary, C.J. Cherryh vein) and Napoleonic naval fiction (Aubrey/Maturin, Hornblower)

Cheers,
    Murray and p.p. Emma//

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome to the Terran Stellar Navy. 😀 Glad to have you. o7

Flashheart
    Participant

Welcome to the TSN. You’ll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy happiness and friendship.

Expree | Sci

Welcome! I was going to attend the CC but had other obligations. Hopefully we will see you in a few weeks. 🙂

There are a few of us here in Arizona. Perhaps we can advertise here next time and all attend CC together and put together a crew like Zelreich/Verok do…

Expree

gebbens

hello just a quick word

Gomric
    Participant

Always good to see new people. =)

Solari
    Participant

Always tip my hat to a lover of Hornblower and the Aubrey/Marutin series. Grew up on those books.
    And of course browncoats. Shiny!

Have fun at your Comic Con. Always a good excuse to miss a shift.

Matsiyan
    Participant

//Hello Expree, let us know of any get togethers in the Phoenix area. We played again today but with another crew of cadets 🙂 Otherwise we would have tried to join you. I seem to have teamspeak working on one machine at least.

Murray//

Matsiyan
    Participant

Are Zelreich/Verok local too?
    Any chance of a local meetup?

Fulvus
    Participant

Hey Matsiyan (or Murray)!
    A bit off topic but since its your thread I want to take the chance to thank you for your wonderful Duty logs, really spicing up the atmosphere!

Cheers!

Matsiyan
    Participant

Thanks, Fulvus. You are very kind. It’s the RP that really lifts Artemis above other computer games. I know that it will be a while before I can operate as an officer with the proficiency that I see in others and I wanted to contribute in some way. I was absolutely stunned by the mission of 26915-2237. I had not expected such a fantastic moral quandary to arise out of playing Artemis.
    Thanks again,
    Murray

Matsiyan
    Participant

// Phoenix ComiCon 2016 (June 2-5) is starting to ramp up. Announcements of guests are appearing. We have our tickets although I just found out I may have to work some of that weekend. Dammit! (As Mundy would say 🙂

More importantly, Fri March 11th the local Artemis fans are getting together to start preparing for the EIGHT bridges they hope to run fairly continuously over the weekend. I know Expree is local to Phoenix and on the Artemis SBS forums there is a chap called Commodore Erickson who actually supplied the four bridges last year.

Anyone else local want to get involved?

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Matsiyan and I are at the local Artemis RP group meet-up in preparation for Phoenix Comicon. Fifteen minutes in, and nothing constructive is happening. 😠 I shall try to be patient, and hope it’s all worth it in the end. Scan some aliens for me while we’re away!

Matsiyan
    Participant

54 uniformed TSN volunteers (13 at a time) acting as Starship Academy personnel conducting raw recruits through sims on six Artemis bridges and two New Horizons.

We can offer homestay for anyone visiting June 2nd-5th 🙂

Zargon
    Participant

I will also be there to whip the new recruits into shape.

If you are going to be at the Con, it is totally worth it to drop in for a round. Vice Admiral Erickson puts a lot into making the experience. So much so that several of the recruits at the academy graduate and join the ranks of the TSN. Fact.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.