any DO and/or ADO volunteers?

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Archives Promethean Command Station any DO and/or ADO volunteers?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Graybeard
    Participant

As I recall, this week marks the end of the 4 week tour of duty as DO/ADO for me and Aposine. So, I am calling for volunteers for the next tour. AND, as a bonus, Aposine said he cannot be here this week so there is an opportunity to dip your toes in the water!

Aramond
    Participant

Wasn’t there a form to fill out for this? I’d post a link, but it doesn’t seem to be anywhere in the database.

Either way, Lt. Jr. Aramond reporting in.

John van Leigh
    Participant

Here’s the form. Aramond, could you please fill it anyways? I’d list you in but I’m not sure you want to be DO or ADO.

Aramond
    Participant

The correct answer is “the one with the most power.” 😛

But the form has been filled out, sir. Thank you.

John van Leigh
    Participant

Noted, then! Thanks.

Graybeard
    Participant

Aramond & Del Pino – thank you, gentlemen!
    Aramond, as DO delegate, I do believe you are empowered to <strike>dragoon</strike> name a “volunteer” to be ADO w/ you. 😉

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Graybeard.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Graybeard.
    Aramond
    Participant

Greybeard, that’s how ADO gets named? That seems a bit silly. If I do become DO this time around, I’ll probably try to tap @Gabriel Wade.

Lewis Remmick
    Participant

I was planning to apply for ADO for the next cycle. I’m not sure I’m up for full DO duties, but it would let me learn things I think I need //setting up whispers, moving people, etc.

Aramond
    Participant

Remmick, certainly apply. If I become DO, and if I have any say in who is my ADO (I would increase the font size on those “if”s were it possible) those that applied will certainly come first.

Also, if you want help setting up whispers anyway, grab me before or after a shift. Or check this out.

Lewis Remmick
    Participant

//What hotkeys do people use for other ships? The obvious ones (1-6+) are busy for me in engineering. What have others found gets in the way the least?

Adele Mundy
    Participant

//The hotkeys are something of an obstacle for me because my keyboard is a compact one without the numbers pad. I was setting it up with
    -=backspace[]\
    I’ll find out if things go horribly wrong…

Aramond
    Participant

//My normal push-to-talk key is a mouse button, while whispering is a combo of that and the correct key on my number pad. Fortunately, the pad doesn’t interact with the engineering console.

Mundy, have you tried using the more useless keys like the the scroll lock or pause|break key? Backspace is the one that seems like it would muck things up.

Lewis Remmick
    Participant

//When you use a whisper hotkey, does it include your current channel?

Adele Mundy
    Participant

@Aramond, the backspace key seemed to jump me to the next empty channel, but we guessed (Matsiyan was going from ship to ship so we could test whether the keys worked) that it was because we had set it up as the channel to Hawk, in case I’m posted elsewhere. However, he told me he ordered a wireless keyboard with a numbers pad, which should arrive tomorrow, so that should fix it, I’ll set up the numbers keys as standard. As you said, the number pad keys don’t seem to interfere with the engineering presets.
    I like the idea of the mouse button, I currently use Shift for push-to-talk, but sometimes I hit Enter by mistake. It would be a trackball button though, because I hate meeses to pieces…

Adele Mundy
    Participant

@Remmick, as I understand it you need to add CIC, the ship you’re addressing, and your own ship to the channel. If more expert people know otherwise I would be glad to find out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Promethean Command Station’ is closed to new topics and replies.