Reply To: RP/Story/Setting

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) Division Development RP/Story/Setting Reply To: RP/Story/Setting

Xavier
Keymaster

This discussion has sparked a lot of ideas in my mind. With some of the questions thrown up and ideas discussed, it has had me thinking about all aspects of life as a citizen of the USFP, as well as serving as a TSN officer. I have a whole host of canon stuff to share and post and an idea about people writing and posting.

I might consider opening up a new ‘department’ different from ONI (which is mainly focused on developing missions and stories on the military side of things). I think it should be possible for people to write posts, outside of a forum, and put them up on the site for others to read. I am thinking along the lines of your short stories that you mentioned Solari.

The way it would work is that you’d be able to write something up to post, mark it complete and ready for moderation (making sure it isn’t saying stuff that counters the canon, is offensive, check of typing errors etc.) then it would be confirmed and published.

I am also thinking there could be reference pages specifically for those who are writing so they have something to go off, for example what life outside the TSN is like, what kind of cities you find on planets, alien species etc. Some of this would go on to the main site for general interest, but other bits that don’t quite fit (like what life in the USFP is like) would go there. Anything not there could be referenced with links for easy access. I think the best way to have those reference pages written would be OOC to make them easier to construct, and they likely would only be known to/ used by this new ‘writing department’.

People who actively write on a more regupar basis would be within that department and as an individual writes more and their work becomes consistent, there would be less need to moderate their writing. Eventually, it would result in those who are part of that department for a long period of time to become moderators themselves.

In addition, I could set up a specific private forum for those members to ask questions or make suggestions to further deepen the canon. Of coure, other sources would still be drawn upon, such as ONI and this development forum.

Discussions and suggestions that spark ideas like this are exactly what this forum was created for though. Continue to share your thoughts on this!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Xavier.