Wave Mission – Feedback

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) The Mess Hall Wave Mission – Feedback

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Garion
    Participant

As the title said, pease provide feedback for the wave mission.

Thank you,

Blaze Strife
    Participant

I’ll be honest.

Got repetitive and boring after a while. Sorry. It was just too much. After realizing the tactic in the first few minutes, the feelings subsided, and we we’re just sending volley of torpedoes, reloading, sending more voleys, etc.

The thing I love most about TSN Artemis is the RP combined with the missions, and this lacks the RP.

Aposine
    Participant

9/10 felt compelled to give feedback

Timonix
    Participant

The enemies should have more damage/less shields for our ships. Should make it less tedious while still hard.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

^ That might work.

John van Leigh
    Participant

The thing with Artemis, if you can keep kiting the enemy away from a station, eventually you’ll kill them. Simple as that.

Your mission prolongued for way too long, and no matter how strong each individual stage is, it would still fall into a pattern in which we tear it apart little by little. The first hour can be productive. Any more and it becomes downright annoying.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

I think it needs to provide more variety in order to not become so repetitive. It would probably help if each wave lasted a shorter time, but the main thing is how to introduce the need for varying strategy.

Garion
    Participant

Thank you all for the feedback.

It is defiantly too long, and will be shortened down.

Changing the spawn locations so some are closer to the bases will happen aswell.

@Mundy
    – what sort of strategies would you put in?

@Timonix
    – Brilliant idea, will look into that.

@Blaze
    – Would you like to work on a story line for the wave based mission with me? Add a more of an RP element in.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

Yes, I would, @Garion. I’ll contact you via PM.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

I was thinking of some waves where it might make sense for all TSN ships to coordinate fire on enemy groups sequentially, while in other waves it would be better to split up and hold all enemy groups back at the same time. I don’t really know until I see it… If some enemy fleets attack one or more bases openly, while one enemy fleet lurks in hiding in a nebula and attacks an undefended base once TSN forces are committed, perhaps?

Xavier
    Keymaster

I think it always adds tension when one ship has to conduct a “holding action” against enemies whilst the main force attacks and destroys an enemy fleet. I feel the tension when placing my trust in someone to not get their ship destroyed!

John van Leigh
    Participant

I’d recommend this exercise when writing any wave: if I were commanding, what would be the worst pain in the ass that could happen?

For instance, your Skaaran waves. The worst you could give us would not be a stronger Skaaran, but either
    a. having each act independantly. It’d be difficult to avoid aggro for an attacker, but the TSN rarely uses the kind of maneuver where this would be lethal. At the very least, taunts would become next to impossible.
    b. having them move much faster. It’d be difficult to get them in time for the stations to survive.

The point is, given the elements you plan on making us fight against, how do we usually respond and how would you make that response harder?

Garion
    Participant

Agreed VanLeigh, I suppose the easiest way of having that it is 5 ships were playing spawn six waves, all of which were close to the stations.
    I could make it so the ships would need run independently to save all the stations. But it then depends on the person in command of the fleet as to how they deal with it. They may keep the ships together.

I’ll throw ideas around, comment should you wish.
    Staggering waves – in a wave there could be 10 fleets of enemies each spawning 30 seconds after another. Do the waves necessarily have to be one spawn?

Difficulty settings? Easy, Med, Hard?
    Or duration settings? Short, Med, Long?

Blaze Strife
    Participant

The “staggering waves” idea is really good, but increase the time difference, and don’t tell us how many “staggered waves” there are. Then the Fleet Captain could give the orders to attack the three fleets we see spawning, and when a new one spawns, the strategy may need changes. That would create a varying environment, and would require a fluid strategic mind.

John van Leigh
    Participant

When we at the old USN were working on beating the level 11 at 300% we were pretty much facing enemies we just couldn’t kill on more fronts that we could cover with three ships. We thought our best solution was to keep rotating between multiple fronts to draw aggro away from the ship that was meant to replace us. If we were facing such a situation, I’d try something similar.

If you’re interested, this (I swear I’ll update it at some point in time) might prove useful.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.