Uniforms at Armada 4

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) The Mess Hall Uniforms at Armada 4

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Adam Parra
    Participant

Considering Mike’s post about different themed bridges and uniforms, I would like to see what we could do differently this year. Here is his post.

https://artemis.forumchitchat.com/post/armada-iv-the-one-with-the-whales-9302552?&trail=15

I am referring to this:

“I wanted to give everyone a bunch of notice that we are planning on giving out some awards for best costumes and non-military theme bridges.
    For example:
    •Toga Bridge
    •Tropical Bridge
    •Batman Bridge
    •Etc.
    By the way, we’re not hating on the military theme bridges, we just want to see lots of variety. If anyone needs ideas send me a pm, I’ve got tons.

If the hotel has a pool then I want to run a network cable to it and build Surfer Bridge. Kawabunga, Captain!

I don’t know where to find powdered wigs, but if I do I could finally build my Hip-Hop Hamilton Revolutionary War Bridge.

If not I will be stayin’ alive on my Disco Bridge.

If the hotel allows my white cat with diamond collar then I could take over the galaxy from my Bond Villain Bridge. Mwahahahah!”

I would like to see what ideas we could come up with. Both bridge and uniforms.

K
    Participant

I’m thinking Star Wars theme for my bridge 😂

K
    Pale Horse

Matsiyan
    Participant

Speaking personally, I am only interested in playing Artemis as TSN. Dressing in an unrelated costume is not for me. I would probably bring Trek and Starship Academy costumes in that case.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Hmmm… I’d prefer to be TSN, but if you’re looking for ideas:

Black graduation gowns, Hogwarts accessories: Hogwarts bridge. Gryffindor is Command, obviously, Ravenclaw is Science, equally obviously, Hufflepuff is Engineering, and Slytherin is Weapons. Comms is probably Ravenclaw as well, with another Gryffindor as Helm.

Wizard of Oz bridge: Dorothy is Command, Scarecrow is Science, Lion is Weapons, Tin Man is Engineering, Wicked Witch is Helm and Toto is Comms.

Alice in Wonderland bridge: Alice is Command, Queen of Hearts is Weapons, White Rabbit is Helm, Caterpillar is Science, Mad Hatter is Comms, March Hare is Science.

Firefly bridge: Mal is Command (duh!), Wash is Helm (double duh!), Zoe is Weapons, Kaylee is Engineering, Simon is Science, Book is Comms. River is in a box.

Some or all of the above may involve dressing as the opposite gender; deal with it.

Matthew Vaj
    Participant

“River is in a box.” Lol. I’ll bring a couple boxes for anyone interested.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

And Inara has a contract.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

As for Jayne… he’ll be in his bunk.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Disney Princess bridge: Mulan in Command, Moana is Helm, Belle is Science, Snow White is Engineering (she has Seven Dwarf engineering crew and DamCon), Pocahontas is Weapons, and I’m so very tempted to say Ariel is Comms…

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Avengers bridge: Captain America in Command, everybody else fighting over who is Weapons…
    Actually, Black Widow is Comms, she’ll get more surrenders than anyone.
    Bruce Banner and Iron Man can take turns in Engineering and Science.
    Thor is Helm. He is also pretty…
    Hawkeye is actually Weapons.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Oops, March Hare is Engineering.
    Or actually, Mad Hatter is Engineering – it was the best butter! – and March Hare is Comms.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Tardis bridge: choose any six Doctors, and squabble over who is in charge.

Adam Parra
    Participant

Mundy! OMG, I could not stop laughing at these suggestions. These are so good.

But in all seriousness, I think we need to stick to the “tried and true” uniforms. Feel free to bring another uniform for fun sake. Last year Ericson showed up as Zak Branangon, with real velour. It was so good! At Armada 1 the guys I crewed with got their uniforms fitted. If needed, you can do that to.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

They always do a Zap Brannigan shift after midnight on Saturday at Phoenix Comicon…
    And yes, I’d like to work on making my uniform fit. I don’t mind doing iron-on or sewing patches on other uniforms, if people want to send them fo me in advance.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Matsiyan has a fair approximation of a Mal Reynolds costume. I am too old to play Inara, too white to play Zoe, and not nearly cute enough to play Kaylee. Not quite psychic enough to paly River…

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Hundred Acre Wood bridge: Christopher Robin is Command, Tigger is Weapons, Wol is Science, Eeyore is Engineering, Pooh Bear is Helm, and Piglet is Comms.

And you’d better watch out for Woosles and Heffalumps.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.