UK Games Expo meetup planning

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) The Mess Hall UK Games Expo meetup planning

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Charles Beaumont
    Participant

For those planning to go to the UK Games Expo next weekend with an interest in meeting up with fellow TSN officers. Where/when do people think is good? (I’m local and can recommend some decent pubs away from the NEC if preferred)

starry
    Participant

I hope to be there friday afternoon and evening, and possibly some of saturday, if people want to meet away from the NEC I guess evening is better (so as not to miss parts of UKGE). I would be more likley to be able to join in if it is at the NEC or within walking distance but would hope to come along wherever people meet.

Charles Beaumont
    Participant

Looking like I’m now busy on Saturday afternoon. Probably best to look af Friday afternoon or evening

Charles Beaumont
    Participant

Planning to wander the trade fair, try out a few demo games and maybe buy some tat. Can either try to find each other during the afternoon or maybe pick a bar or something late afternoon/early evening? Not really been round the NEC so not sure where’s decent.

Adam Parra
    Participant

what ever you guys do, take pictures and tell us about what you do.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

If any of you play tabletop RPGs and like R.E. Howard, look out for our friend Jason Durall, he’s co-written several of the rulebooks and sourcebooks for the Conan RPG, and will be attending the Con. And he’s a really cool guy. I know it’s a vast Con… but if you go looking for the Conan booth you might meet him, and it would be fun to think of friends from different strands of my games nerd life getting together.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Look for the Chaosium stand!

starry
    Participant

I hope to arrive by early (friday) afternoon. The browser on my phone was somewhat unreliable with mobile data last year so may need to co-ordinate on discord. I’m also not that sure of the NEC layout but remember it was very busy and hard to find seats last year. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Charles Beaumont
    Participant

Not tried getting Discord to work on my dodgy phone, so if all else fails, I’m a long haired beardy git (such a rare sight at geek conventions) and I’ll be wearing a king crimson t-shirt (use my forum profile pic for reference). Once I’ve had my fill of the trade fair I’ll probably try to find a corner of the ‘spoons and see if I can get my phone connected to things.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.