TSN single seat ships and defined names

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) Division Development TSN single seat ships and defined names

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Tuor Elanesse
    Participant

I get what you mean Xavier. Okay.

Hermes is a beautiful name but we need to save it for future ships. It is a good ship name , too beautiful for a shuttle.

Nike is a good one. we need to keep it.
    I have selected names that are easy to read and catchy.

S1- Hera
    S2-Nike
    S3-Proteus
    S4-Adonis
    S5-Freya
    S6-Fenrir

Xavier
    Keymaster

Maybe we could have out TSN ships renamed after female greek names and the shuttles after male name?

Matsiyan
    Participant

I like the idea of all the shuttle names ending is “s”. It does make them stand out and keeping them in the Greek pantheon stays with the game theme. Also the Napoleonic navies used Greek names extensively. Hermes is terribly appropriate for something small and fast.

Matsiyan
    Participant

For squadron names can we please avoid using Knight for Lancer. Lancer as a word has a specific connotation in English that is explicitly not an armoured knight but refers to 17-19th century light cavalry.

Words particularly associated with Lancers are,
    Pennon (the flag on the lance)
    Czapka (the square topped hat)
    Kurtka (the double breasted jacket)

Ulan and Uhlan are the Polish and German words for Lancer.

</pedantic>

Tuor Elanesse
    Participant

yeah i got you.
    i hesitated before proposing “knight” as well. Yet i could not find any better alternative.
    you are right they are two separate things, however it is one of the first things that comes to the mind when you say “lancer”. of course we can find truly related words.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.