Thom's Live Stream

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) The Mess Hall Thom's Live Stream

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Xavier
    Keymaster

For those of you not aware, Thom is due to do a live stream in the next couple of hours (2pm EST/ 7pm UTC). I definitely will be watching and commenting! It gives a great insight into the planned updates as well as what he’s been able to do so far.

Come along and help represent the TSN RP Community…. or simply take a look! I highly recommend it.

Techbear Twitch TV

Blaze Strife
    Participant

Thanks!

Tuor Elanesse
    Participant

sounds good i ll try to join if nothing comes up

Xavier
    Keymaster

Just finished watching this. The next one is same time tomorrow. For those who missed it, Thom was working on fighters, giving ALL ships a single fighter type defined as “shuttle”. For those ships that had multiple fighter bays (the dreadnaught, juggernaught and carrier) you could then specify a fighter type to kit out the rest of the bays. So bay 1 could be set as a fighter or, when they are added to the vesselData, a bomber, or even a shuttle.

He also talked about giving the power to name fighters in a mission script, which opens a lot of options for interaction in the sandbox, from repairing comms relays to transferring ordnance.

Jemel Eahain

Had to leave after half an hour hopefully be on longer tonight, is he continueingredients from yesterday or on new stuff today ?

Xavier
    Keymaster

Another great livestream. Thom continued his work on the fighters, and has now added the ability for players to name their own fighter! Now you can fly with your own callsign!

Blaze Strife
    Participant

Interesting! I see many new types of missions in TSN’s future.

Xavier
    Keymaster

I think we might have to come up with a prefix for easy reference, for example adding “X” to the beginning for leader e.g. X – Maverick (L made me think “L-Plates” for learner driver (in the UK at least)…. lol

We might also need to come up with protocol on appropriate names for the TSN RP. That way directing them makes them easier than having to issue orders to some obscene or obscure name.

Quinn
    Participant

We could also model it after Star Wars, where we give the squadron a name and append a number to it to create a unique callsign (eg. Red 1 is the leader of Red Squadron)

Alternatively, if you’re worried about appropriateness, you could just name the squadron after the mothership. Raven 1 would be the leader of the squadron on Raven, for instance, or even just R1 for simplicity.

Once that fighter is destroyed though, it would all fall apart, because the replacement fighter would have a new name.

Matsiyan
    Participant

From conversations with my brother-in-law who has worked in the defense industry and is a bit of a nerd about fighters, I believe the convention is that the callsign should be exactly two easily distinguishable syllables for comms clarity. Hence “Starbuck” and “Helo”.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.