Sector Transition Speed

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) Division Development Sector Transition Speed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Quinn
    Participant

To: Fleet Captain Xavier
    CC: Officers, 4th Light Division
    Subject: Standard Operating Procedures- Helm

I would like to submit for your review a possible addendum to the Standard Operating Procedures for Helm Officers regarding sector transitions.

During my last duty shift (27216-2237) on patrol in the Atlantis System, I observed an accident from my perspective as Helm Officer of the TSN Hydra. The Hydra and the TSN Phoenix were transiting from Sector XIV, subsector C5.3 to Sector XV, subsector C1.1 at a speed of warp one and the Phoenix flew directly into the minefield located there before their sensors had time to adjust to the new telemetry and warn them of the danger. The Hydra narrowly avoided the mines by virtue of transiting closer to subsector C5.6, but the Phoenix suffered significant damage and had to be repaired before continuing the patrol.

I have witnessed and been party to similar accidents before, both in relation to mines as well as asteroids, and I believe that with an update to our Standard Operating Procedures, accidents such as these could be avoided. I recommend that all helm officers be given a standing order to transit sectors at speeds no greater than 100% impulse, to avoid unnecessary damage from unseen obstacles.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this, as well as the thoughts of my fellow officers.

Lieutenant, Junior Grade Quinn
    Helms Officer
    TSN Hydra (CM-008)
    2nd Fleet, 4th Light Division

• This topic was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Quinn.
    Aramond
    Participant

As the one that flew the Phoenix into that minefield, I think that this is a fantastic idea.

–Lt. Aramond
    TSN Raven

Blaze Strife
    Participant

I formally advise that all sector transitions speeds be reduced to less than 100% impulse.

-Cdt. Blaze

//Adding this only now, since I somehow missed the topic, and am writing second part of the short story. I put Cadet rank, since that was my rank at the time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.