ONI Reports frequency?

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) Division Development ONI Reports frequency?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Simple question I hope.

How often are ONI reports published?

Offtopic question:
    Why is everyone required to attend the briefing when it seems to be entirely command focused?

Xiph
    Participant

They should be weekly but we are rather failing at that at the moment.

If you mean the ONI meeting, that’s held one hour before the shift and lasts thirty minutes.

It’s a great chance to ensure everything is organised for the shift, and talk about longer term plans.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah well, I’ll look forwards to the next ONI report to catch up then.

To clarify, I have no experience of the ONI briefings, just the main one at the moment. I figure I’ll need to attend a few more to get the gist of the processes and reasons.

Thanks for your response, much appreciated.

Matsiyan
    Participant

Good questions,

The briefing is intended to recap the strategic situation, recent events and impact on rules of engagement and adaptations of tactical doctrine.

It should provide background on what the upcoming missions are about, why and how they will be fought.

It is also an opportunity to create a little roleplay atmosphere and to cover administration events lik3 promotions, awards, duty officer appointments etc.

I’m sorry if it comes across as Command focussed. Mostly it is Command officers who have information and responsibility to attend to. Questions and suggestions, especially in-character would be very welcome.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.