Non-human Officers

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) The Mess Hall Non-human Officers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lewis Remmick
    Participant

I was browsing through some old stuff, and it seemed like in the past, some players had portrayed non-human characters. Given the current plotlines, I was wondering if anyone was currently doing that. It might affect how certain officers treat one another.

Personally, I’m always cautious of creating any sort of bigotry between characters, especially among players I don’t know very well. It’s something that would seem relevant, given the current plot, though.

Aramond
    Participant

Hmmm, @Solari is the only one I know to have played a non-human. For anyone else, I either haven’t heard, or it hasn’t come through in the RP.

While Aramond is a full-blooded human, I’ve pictured him as a growing up on Mars, rather than Earth. Just haven’t quite figured out how to get that information out there.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

//From the logs, Solari seems the only non-human. How many human-settled worlds are there? I would enjoy defining Adele’s background a bit more.

Leonard Hall
    Participant

It’s true the TSN is staffed by an overwhelming majority of human officers, hence the “Terran” in its name. The TSAF and civilian shipping are much more diverse in terms of species by a long way. The USFP is diverse but a number of its nonhuman members rely on Terran shipbuilding for their craft ( hence why we always run into the same 6 or so civvie ship designs).

And yes, Solari is the only person I’ve seen so far who’s overtly done a (half) non-human character within the RP. Personally I think it’d be interesting to see some more people try that route, but it can be a hard nugget to RP compared to human characters.

I don’t think an exact number of Terran-founded USFP colonies has been set in stone as of yet.

–LT Hall, ONI, XO Lancer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.