New DO rotation

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    John van Leigh
    Participant

Hi, everyone! This is a Public Service Announcement from your friendly (or insane, or just mildly sociopathic) Commander van Leigh.

First, this shift will mark the end of yet another Duty Officer (TM) cycle. As such, people interested on taking the post are very much so welcome to submit their candidacy via the form, or just ask any senior officer for your prefered position. All volunteers get extra beers in the bar, courtesy or your command staff, along with the honor of being the first to show the ropes to our esteemed new cadets. For questions, please do refer to the current DO or ADO, or to any senior officer. And remember: when in doubt whether you’ll be any good for it, just submit!

On another point, there have been reports of the late Commander del Pino wandering through empty hallways complaining about not getting the costumary double promotion after his demisal. Should you be engaged in conversation by his ghost, you are to refrain from answering any military secrets, although you may address him as “Captain” in order to get him off you.

That will be all, then.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Another way to exorcise the ghost of del Pino is to sing:
    “Para bailar la Bamba,
    Para bailar la Bamba se necesita
    Una poca de gracia.
    Una poca de gracia y otra cosita
    Y arriba y arriba
    Y arriba y arriba,
    Por ti seré, por ti seré”
    At this point he will take up the song and shimmy away singing
    “Yo no soy marinero,
    yo no soy marinero, soy capitán, soy capitán.
    Bamba, bamba…”

And all that will be left in the hallway is the haunting earworm.
    You’re welcome.

John van Leigh
    Participant

Not sure. The only ever recorded instance of del Pino dancing ended up with death threats to the photographer. A redshirt who attempted that method reported afterwards to the counselor with severe PTSD triggered by raised eyebrows and glares.

//Nah, seriously, I only danced once, three years ago, at a friend’s birthday (a Latin-american tradition is celebrating a girl’s 15th birthday in an overblown party) and the photo’s not quite flattering. Also, I have learnt to use a microscope before learning to swim or ride a bike, as I never did those two.

Aramond
    Participant

Wait, volunteers get free beer? Since when, and how was I not informed of this? I volunteer as tribute! Witn- *is dragged off by medical officers who have been instructed to not allow these shenanigans*

Adele Mundy
    Participant

// Aramond volunteers, he dies, he lives again, shiny and chrome!

John van Leigh
    Participant

*Types stuff in a tablet*

Two nurses and a lieutenant! Those are some good candidates, indeed.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

@Van Leigh:
    //Ah, but ghosts aren’t bound by the same rules as mortals…
    And also, roleplaying: just because you can’t dance, doesn’t mean del Pino couldn’t. After all, I don’t know how to pilot a spaceship, while Mundy… Oh, wait.

Matsiyan
    Participant

At least nurses have the right attitude for a DO

John van Leigh
    Participant

Shall we start betting on who will get the position? Current favorite is Nurse Second Class Pangloss.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

//In the best of all possible worlds, Nurse Pangloss would be an excellent DO.

John van Leigh
    Participant

//His submission proved it logically by saying that the Duty Officer posting is made to the purpose of writing that we have people assigned for it, and since his application provided a piece of writing, it follows that his candicacy is the best of all candidacies.

John van Leigh
    Participant

Gather round, my children, and rejoice, for the next round is on Xavier!

Before he discovers that, we’re still looking for DO and ADO candidates. Come forth, before we drag you into the post!

Matsiyan
    Participant

It’s a shame about Eric. He has been taking his new responsibilities very seriously. I hope he hasn’t been, y’know, getting a little help from Dr. Feelgood.

But medcorps has some really good treatments. He’ll be right as space rain in no time. And if it takes a little silver coloured aftershave, where’s the harm in that?

Aramond
    Participant

*muffled yelling from down the hall*

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Promethean Command Station’ is closed to new topics and replies.