Log Mundy, 24318-2237

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Personal Logs Log Mundy, 24318-2237

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Adele Mundy
    Participant

Personal Log, SubKommandant Adelaide Mundy, ISN Oblivion, 2nd Space Flotilla, 4th Hunter Group
    Stardate: 24218-2237

There’s no reason for my medical leave to extend this much. I’m not back on Oblivion, however… Ostensibly, I’m on duty on Promethean to assist with the implementation of the new comms systems, and the interface between the ships as they’re upgraded, and the station. I’m sure there are plenty of people who are perfectly qualified for this, and they don’t really need me, so Wagner may be right, and for some reason I’m grounded. Not that there’s any actual ground, but the terms persist.

One positive result of this is that I’m accessing comms both here on the station and on any ships that come in for upgrades. In fact, it’s my job and my duty to do so, and far be it from me to be remiss on my duty… so, I’m finally getting somewhere.

Another, not entirely unintended result, is that I have been frequenting the Bar regularly while off duty. To the point that Yu (Guy seems to be avoiding me. Adelaide, what did you do to him?) approached me the other night, and quietly told me he’d received a “private shipment”. I didn’t dare to hope… and I was right, dammit. Mint tea. Hell’s bells, Adelaide, mint tea! That’s your secret vice? “Real mint tea, Ma’am, grown in the hills outside New Algiers. Your favourite!” So I had to look happy, and give him a ridiculous tip, and ask him to set a box aside for me. I’ve been drinking it, too. I suppose it’s good for me, but it doesn’t compare to Hjocoa. Not remotely.

As for the ridiculous tip, I’m enjoying spending a tiny fraction of your ridiculous fortune, now that I know how much there is of it. Not that I’m trying to bankrupt you or anything, that would take a concentrated effort and time I don’t have; but it’s rather nice to be able to put Wagner’s (copious, it must be said) drinks on my bar tab. Your bar tab. And his friends’ drinks, too. By the end of the evening, they begin to talk more freely, which is… enlightening. Meanwhile, I drink mint tea.

[end log]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.