INT.->INTEL>Release of Black box Personal Logs Lt-Cmd del Pino

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Command Centre INT.->INTEL>Release of Black box Personal Logs Lt-Cmd del Pino

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Fish Evans

Further digging in the TSN Hydra’s Wreckage has Yielded Personal Logs from del Pino. The Folowing is Classified at Level 3 but has been cleared for releas internally.

——————————————-
    DATA DUMP CORE 11125 CM-008 TSNHYDRA
    >>
    PERSONAL LOGS Lucas, del Pino #USF#CESSNA#MASTER# ROOT OVERRIDE ELEPHANTTUBECATASTROPY
    >>
    ——————————————-
    BIO METRIC AUTHORIZATION REQUIRED TO DECRYPT
    PRIMARY AUTHORIZATION: CONFIRMED CMD VEROK #2FLEET4DIV#HYDRACO
    SECONDARY AUTHORIZATION: CONFIRMED CAP EVANS #2FLEET4DIV#INTELDIV
    TERTIARY AUTHORIZATION: CONFIRMED FLTCAP XAVIOR #2FLEET4DIV#DIVCO
    ——————————————–
    ACCESS APPROVED
    ——————————————–
    >>>>>>

Personal log

Captain Lucas del Pino, Unakalhai Space Forces
    Stardate 070116-2237

I’ve just been approached by my old Commanding Officer. Damn, those were good times. Apparently, they want me to do some work for the USF, and they were the responsible party for me getting back to this Division. Works with me. After all, here I’d be senior to too many people for them to suspect me at first glance, and I’d probably be able to pull rank for whatever insane antics I feel like trying.

Now, those diplomatic databases won’t hack themselves on their own, right?

End log.

Personal log
    Lt-Commander Lucas del Pino, Terran Stellar Navy
    Stardate 090116-2237

As it happens, I still have the nightmares. It just had to be that way.

I got reassigned to the Fourth Light just a little while ago. My time as an instructor of Elemental Strategy (of which I have a smattering, but I happen to know more of Tactics that a novice in a nunnery) was largely uneventful, but the problems came when I was given command of the destroyer flotilla stationed around Proxima Centauri. Just a bunch of old industrial stations and no planets there, but very, very close to Sol. But it’s almost time for the meeting, and I shouldn’t be late.

Computer, pause log.
    =========================
    Resume log.

I got command of Hydra. I like this missile cruiser, even though I’m supposed to be assigned to Hunter. What can I say, the four tubes provide a very easy way to control an area of space as opposed to a group of individual ships, which is quite convenient when it comes to my style of tactics.

My favorite part was the mineralogy survey. The CO was Expree, an old hand from Pegasus, and we had some experience working as a team back when he was XO of Phoenix and I was of Pegasus, while our Captains were away. As Hydra doesn’t have real beams, we ended up patrolling the sector for threats, which oh, boy, did we find.

We happened to capture a couple of USF lifepods. Someone killed them. That’s gonna look bad on my report.

End log.

Personal log
    Stardate 160116-2237

Last week the idiot of Commodore Stanley ended up attacking a bunch of asteroids. Seriously. I have no idea how he didn’t even think of running away after I identified myself with the orders to clear the sector, but now it’s to late to regret that. He’s dead, I had to execute him myself to prevent any leaks.

Everyone here’s scared now. They are about to implement orders to create a Naval Security Department, but oh, well. Guess I’ll keep a low profile, as soon as I destroy those medical supplies

End log.

Personal log
    Stardate 230116-2237

I still have nightmares. There’s not a single night where I don’t wake up after seeing half my flotilla blown up by a Skaaran incursion. Of course, nobody should know our defenses failed as badly as to have a [EXPLETIVE DELETED] -wait, what? Computer, override. As I was saying, there’s no way they’d recognise a screwup this damned big, so they shipped me away here and refused to even say ”well done”. Thus I arrive into this division. Again.

Poor Expree went nuts. Seriously, he just had to kill the Schrödinger. I knew the artifact was bad news, but never expected it to go this wrong. But I got overruled, and now this happens.

I was trying to get my scout on decent fighting shape, which meant hiding on a nebula. Damn, I wish I were able to do something.

On other news, it seems some idiot actually expected that a message with ”i love you” as subject will be opened by any significant number of officers. And they sent it with my own name. That’s going to end badly.

End log.

Personal log
    Stardate 300116-2237

This would have been my first shift in command of Hydra as her newly assigned permanent XO, as Verok was away. Instead, this is the duty shift I get arrested.

I understand the Chief of Security having to do a job, so getting arrested is fine. Then again, he did seem more hell bent on proving I was myself a spy than on trying to identify real spies. That’s a problem.

Apparently someone with access to my command codes tried to sent a coded message to an unknown recipient, that in practise we all know who it was. The Chief of Security decided to monitor my comms log after the ”i love you” incident, but he seems to have failed to analize that one properly. Oh, well.

The coffee down here in the brig is horrible, and there’s nothing good to do.

End log.

Personal log
    Stardate 020216-2237

Can’t believe any of this shit. I got away from the arrest, but seriously. Starting with the fact that another spy framed me. I guess this means that it was hard to imagine me being a spy, but damn. I did send the transmission, but after someone used my ID to transmit that malware it was pretty much impossible to prove I did anything, so they had to let me go, after stripping me of all my seniority. I guess I should keep my head low for now

End log, before I say anything I might regret.

Personal log
    Stardate 040316-2237

I’m sorry. I’m so, so sorry. There’s some people here I happen to even like.

Sorry, Verok, Expree, Jemel.
    Sorry, Hydra. Matsiyan, I know I promised to train you, but it won’t be possible anymore.

I’m not really xenophobic, but this is the only way I’ll avenge my wife, and I have to do it.

End log

Personal log
    Stardate 040316-2237

So, Master contacted me. Turns out Cessna of the NSD was the one that framed me. Got to admit, once you get pass the anger, he played this one brilliantly. And now he wants me to steal a ship with him.

Let’s get to work, shall we?

End log.

—————–END OF DATA DUMP—————

• This topic was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Fish Evans.
    Blaze Strife
    Participant

//Interesting… So this has been going on for a while.

Aramond
    Participant

//I love how after the Schrödinger Incident, the rest of us were wondering “Could I have done anything? Could this have been avoided?”

del Pino? “Well, that sucks.”

Zephyr
    Participant

//cool. 🙂

Adele Mundy
    Participant

//DelPino may not be the very model of a modern Major General, but he knows the lyrics…

John van Leigh
    Participant

//And it is, it is a glorious thing to be a Lieutenant Commander!

Adele Mundy
    Participant

//Now, _that_’s one for the Pirates to sing!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.