I'm back

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Feil
    Participant

Howdy all,

After being busy with work and school for the last several months I think I might have the time to rejoin the TSN but I want to know what is going on since I left.
    Have Fighters been phased out or are they still being worked on to exist in the RP narrative? Has van Leigh destroyed another ship or two? Ect.

Feil

Fish Evans

Hello Feil!

Lets see.. Fighters are a bit up in the air at the moment with 2.5.1 theres been some changes with them, better interface. etc so I think the TSN may look at them again soon – we ran a game with a pair of fixed stations that we set up to launch fighters last weekend and in any event we have been using them as “Shuttles” for RP purposes.

We are currently exploring the Euphine Expanse again which is going well so far. I have just steped down as CO of the Horizon and I think its likely to prompted a resuffle of personal – we are about due anyway.

um thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

Feil
    Participant

What’s the state of the fleet? Last time we were suffering a little bit. Have we lost/gained anymore ships?

Fish Evans

humm well we comfortably ran 4 ships last night but it was the first shift back after the christmas break so its hard to say I think we toped out around 28, I think we need to go on a recruiting spree though!

Feil
    Participant

Agreed, especially if you want to see fighters in the rotation. Our problem last time is we seem unwilling to buff the fighters enough to make up for the loss of one ships worth of crew.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

Yeah, I think that the lack of crew is the main problem with using fighters. Having only 3 ships so we could have a fighter squadron doesn’t seem like a good choice. Also, there’s plenty of us who don’t really enjoy using them, or find their use very limited, so you also need to have enough people willing to fly in fighters for the whole mission or even the whole shift.

Feil
    Participant

@Blaze_Strife
    I volunteer as tribute!

I got to play with my local LAN buddies on 2.5.1 and my conclusion for fighters hasn’t changed: they need to be faster.
    At the levels we play at the enemy ships are just too fast. If the fighters were fast enough to streak through firing arcs or swing around to flank, their utility would jump.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Feil.
    Xiph
    Participant

Re the loss of ships under van Leigh’s command.

*checks to make sure this is an OOC forum*

Yes, in the most recent shift, his ship was destroyed with the loss of all hands. Or, thanks to a deus ex machina-style development, it wasn’t.

ClayReynolds
    Participant

I blame Fish! He GM killed our warp drive then spawned a pair of buffed ships behind us that made ship go boom!

Matthew Vaj
    Participant

Fish messed with my engines!?! No one abuses the Phoenix and gets away with it! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.