Crew Assignments

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lewis Remmick
    Participant

To Whom It May Concern,

I was just hoping to inquire about when the new (or initial, in my case) crew assignments would be made. I’m eager to have a (more) stable position, and maybe even leave my duffel in one place for a while.

Acting Ensign, Lewis Remmick

Aramond
    Participant

I know there are a bunch of people currently awaiting for assignments/reassignments. Just make sure you have the proper forms filled out and submitted, and I’m sure our senior officers will get to it in due time.

Lewis Remmick
    Participant

I hope I didn’t seem pushy. I was just curious if there was a time frame. I’ve filled out my forms, and I understand it probably takes longer to reassign the entire division than to place one crew member. I just know I have a propensity to be impatient, and knowing how long to wait always helps me, and I figured it helped other people as well.

Now that I’ve spoken far too much,

Thank you.

John van Leigh
    Participant

Sorry about the delay! I assure you, we are working on it, but you have probably seen how badly understaffed we were today. Deciding assignments is a complicated job, as you have to sort out specialties, ranks, requests… We know it’s exciting for a recently graduated ensign to get a new assignment (hell, I kept checking the docs every fifteen minutes for an entire week back on my day!), but this is a rather unconvenient time for us, as this isn’t as much of a matter of seeing where you fit, as it is a matter of moving thirty-some people.

As Aramond says, make sure your forms are completed. We’ll get back to everyone as soon as we can!

Aramond
    Participant

I’m also sorry if my response came out sounding at all negative. It’s one of the negatives of conversing in a text-only format. 🙂

Lewis Remmick
    Participant

No, sir, you didn’t seem negative at all. I was just worried about how I “sounded.” As you said, text communication does some things better and some worse than other formats

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Promethean Command Station’ is closed to new topics and replies.