Artemis 2.5.1 released

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) The Mess Hall Artemis 2.5.1 released

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Xavier
    Keymaster

Thom has just released the newest update to Artemis. Check out artemis.eochu.com for the download link.

@fishevans
    , can we look into incorporating the mod into the release?

Fish Evans

awsome, I will get right on that, not sure if we will have an update for the 24th but should have a test version for 31st and a tested version for the first DS next year.

Donovan
    Participant

There was an update to this on 23/12/2016. It just changes the .exe file. Here’s the link to get it:
    http://artemis.forumchitchat.com/post/whoops-artemis-2-5-101-8352578?pid=1294311617

Will we be updating to 2.5 for TSN? Before the next official mission or before the unofficial missions on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve?

John van Leigh
    Participant

I don’t get to decide, but my advice would be to hold on without updating, or to keep a separate (not-updated) copy for the TSN.

The tests I saw (thanks, Nhaima!) didn’t find any problems with the mod, but it’s best to be safe than sorry.

Fish Evans

I have updated the mod now. we will be testing two versions of the mod on new years eve one with fighters one with out, to see if one or the other is more stable, the files can be found in the usual place, we will be using 2.5.101 from the next official shift (Jan 7th) with what ever version of the Mod we find works best.

http://www.1sws.com/TSNExpansion/

Artemis Version 2.5.101
    Mod Version 1.6.3 RCA

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Fish Evans.
    Xavier
    Keymaster

Did the testing of this go ahead? How stable was it?

Donovan
    Participant

I’d suggest that an email blast go out before Saturday asking the officers to log in earlier than normal, if possible. It’s going to take some time to get everyone up and running on 2.5.101 _and_ the new TSN expansion before the shift starts. I can assist the incoming DO and ADO, if necessary.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Donovan.
    Xavier
    Keymaster

Thank you for volunteering, and a great suggestion. I can create a special newsletter email to go out and inform everyone

John van Leigh
    Participant

Thanks for the offer, Donovan!

However, you just finished an ADO term, and an extended one at that. This policy is informal, but still: as we have other candidates on our waiting list your application won’t have as much priority for us. Maybe another time.

At any rate, I generally agree with your idea. We should include a comment on the update before the shift, it’ll make our lives easier.

Donovan
    Participant

I wasn’t applying for another duty officer rotation; I was only making myself available as a resource to help our incoming duty officers make sure everyone is transitioned to the new versions if the task became too burdensome for them to handle alone.

Xiph
    Participant

It seemed stable. I think there were a few bits that Fish was playing with, and I think we did have a crash, but no less stable than normal.

The fighters worked: I didn’t get in one (Admirals don’t tend to, with the exception of Adama!) but there’s an amazing change of strategy involved.

Might I suggest that the .101 release is uploaded to 1sws to save people searching?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.