Reply To: The importance of RP in TSN

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) Division Development The importance of RP in TSN Reply To: The importance of RP in TSN

Wolf
Participant

I’m not sure you would know who I am. I’m one of the people who split off a long time ago to form a new group, the USN, which aimed at more or less beating the game. This may be a bit of a disjointed and not fully formed post, I’m a tad tired, as I’ve been traveling all over for the past 2 weeks and it’s finally really catching up with me.

When I used to play in the TSN, the ship I ran was not hugely into roleplay. Think the current Phoenix, just a bit looser. I played for the people I ran with. I enjoyed flying with the crew I served with because of our silly antics and lax atmosphere.

Over the course of time, the roleplay elements started to get to me, as my goal at the time was just too different from the group, so I decided to try something new. I had a blast in the new group, but at the same time really missed the awesome missions from Fish and the RP elements of the TSN. Eventually, we accomplished our goal and the group disbanded. The current USN formed later on, but were unaffiliated to the group I was in.

The point I stand at now, I really would like to join back in because I still have quite a few friends who are in the TSN. I miss old faces from the group, even those I didn’t necessarily get along with the best. The whole thing just made the experience special, which is something that didn’t really exist in the USN for me. The roleplay on the more serious ships would be beyond fun for me to join back in to and partake in for some missions, having a more serious group. Playing the game with those on a more casual ship and cracking jokes while flying around would be quite the relaxing thing. I really do wish I could join back in, but due to work having me in on every Saturday, I can’t.

I guess what I’m trying to say is as someone who tried to play the game for the sake of playing the game and to use all of the most risky strategies that just wouldn’t fly in an actual roleplay scenario, it really is lacking. Just having the people to join in with, I might as well play other games with them that fit more in line with my current interests. Not to say Artemis is a boring game, but I burnt out on it and the RP and people kept me going. At this point, it’s the want to RP again, yet the ability to still do it with friends, that really has got me wanting to return after a very long absence.

So to answer your question, for me personally, the RP is the driving thing to play Artemis. Playing with friends is fun, but I can do stuff with them at other times. If I manage to somehow get a day off on Saturday and show up for a session, I want to be able to get into the roleplay.