Reply To: Fighter pilot training course ideas/suggestions

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) Division Development Fighter pilot training course ideas/suggestions Reply To: Fighter pilot training course ideas/suggestions

John van Leigh
Participant

As I don’t expect to see the vectoring aid applied to the scicomms screen, it probably could be worked on a 3rd party thing. You can calculate your headings with quite some fine precision with rather simple math (knowing your position, the range and bearing to the fighter, and the range and bearing to target you get a neat, workable triangle). Otherwise, you can just take an educated guess. You imagine your 0-180 axis projected into your map, imagine a parallel line, and fiddle a bit with your own angle until you have a decent match for your parallel.

As I don’t have a background in programming (//I seriously don’t, I know this is *doable*, but I wouldn’t even be good to pick a language or to evaluate if it’s *difficult*) I can’t develop the app to do this, but if you’re willing to settle for manual imput, the set of equations is simple enough.