Reply To: Fighter pilot training course ideas/suggestions

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) Division Development Fighter pilot training course ideas/suggestions Reply To: Fighter pilot training course ideas/suggestions

Feil
Participant

@Draeco

While I agree with most your ideas I have to say that at this time dogfighting with Arvonians is not a good idea. In my personal experience their dogmatic programming to fly in single file leads to you getting turned on and fired at by multiple fighters.
Our craft, while tougher, don’t have the firepower required to dispatch their fighters fast enough when put against their numbers.

The best tactic for dealing with an Arvonian fighter group is to wait til they reach bingo fuel and turn to return to their mothership. At that moment you can come at them from behind and destroy your way from the rear most ship to the front of the column.

While the Arvonians prefer to stay on the same plane as their Carrier, and will do so while engaging our larger vessels due to a good beam arc, they will climb and dive to engage a TSN fighter craft but only as much as necessary to get a shot off.