Reply To: RP system for forums

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) Division Development RP system for forums Reply To: RP system for forums

Aramond
Participant

Quinn, I like where you’re going with this, but I very much agree with Matsiyan and Blaze. We may not want to have skills that directly correspond with our stations, such as piloting/helm. Then, there’s always the chance that our character’s skills don’t line up with our RL competence at the game. The only real disagreement I have with them is that they’re not giving themselves enough credit. 😛

Other than that, a list of generic skills, like the one Blaze posted, we can pick and choose from may not be a bad idea.

Or, (lightbulb moment)

A big part of the FATE system I brought up earlier is that all characters have what are called “aspects.” basically, short phrases that describe who they are and what they do. Example: a character they stat up from the Dresden Files series would have the aspects: “Wizard Private Eye” “Chivalry Is Not Dead, Damnit” “Not So Subtle, Still Quick to Anger” “Epic Wiseass” “Perpetually Broke”

In playing with Eric in this sort of system, ones I come up with off the top of my head are “Navyman Scientist” “Going Mad With Power” “Speak Loudly and Carry a Big Wrench” “I Have Your Back” “Unanonymous Alcoholic”