Reply To: Logs/Stories questions

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Archives (OOC) TSN Canon Development Logs/Stories questions Reply To: Logs/Stories questions

Solari
Participant

Ugh this is why I usually use Word to catch my typos. Aye it is station.
Hmm. Normally, I use the present tense when I write an immediate action for a character. Past tense to me, is for actions that already happened or came to mind but might not have been able to be done beforehand. But I reckon it works, to shorten it.
Good catches.
Was hoping I’d be able to edit that post because I’m planning on making this short story into a longer segment during the week, now that I think about it. Days and such. That was Day 1 on Saturday. Now to Monday.
————-
Day 3

There really hadn’t been much time to relax per-se, after the initial sock had worn off from two days ago.
The Hydra was currently part hospital ship, and part watch-dog. Luckily, the unknown assailants hadn’t been back for another round.
And that was quite alright to Solari.

He was sitting next to one of DC team members, a Crewman Kaplan. She still slept in her doctor induced coma, just one of the many patients still being treated.
The sickbay itself was mostly quiet. Save for the hums of the medical scanners and nursing droids, it was almost peaceful.

The Ensign hadn’t moved in an hour. In fact, he barely seemed to be looking at the Crewman directly now. He was lost in his own guilt. Kaplan had been knocked out after the Hydra had taken a hit with her shields down. A moment of his doing during the first strikes with the unknowns.
He kept playing the memory in his mind. Shields, shields the bridge crew kept calling out. Solari knew he had pressed the button on his console to activate them; it was always the first thing he had his hand over. The helmsman’s own collisions with asteroids to the front of the Hydra, had kept him on edge with keeping them raised much to his own credit.
But for some reason during combat, had he somehow froze, or blanked out?
It was, as humans said, feasting at him.
Sometimes it was easy to forget that a ship had a crew, and that one mistake could have consequences other than bad timing, or repairable minor damage. The old military adage of ‘with rank comes responsibility’, always applied.

It was another twenty minutes, before Solari stood up and put his webbed hand on the Crewman’s own. “Get well,” he whispered.
Moving, he took a look around at the other patients in sickbay and nodded. Most of them were civilians or TSN researchers from the bases. The outlook for them was good though.

As he left sickbay, he took a glance at his chrono. 2200 ships time, yet 1400 station local. It was easy to choose sleep over his current mood.