Reply To: Revising the Rank System

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) Division Development Revising the Rank System Reply To: Revising the Rank System

Blaze Strife
Participant

I’ve been thinking about nominations and I’m not sure what to say about it. The thing is that those that play good, play good. So do we nominate them each time we serve with them? That would quickly get repetitive and boring. We all know people who are the ones that are excellent at their primaries: Adele, Mats, Graybeard, Quinn, Aposine, Aramond, Slate, etc. Should we nominate them when they do well on a station that is not their primary?

And what about nominating ship captains? Verok is always amazingly good. And van Leigh is not slacking, either; he’s a great CO and a great captain. Do we nominate them every time?

Do we prefer to wait for something special to happen? If that’s the case, than someone might get more nominations, even if that someone is overall worse than someone who’s always good, but never did something so remarkable as to get nominated. An example of this would be nominating a helm officer who survived flying through mines, but not nominating an officer who never went into the minefield in the first place.

I really don’t know what to do with those nominations.