Web Site feedback

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) The Mess Hall Web Site feedback

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Matsiyan
    Participant

The new theme/layout seems to work fairly well for me but
    – I much prefer having recent topics at the top right with departments below.
    – I miss the list of recently active officers in the bottom right
    – I miss the Comm Net option to see a list of officers
    – I don’t need to see my list of achievements in the right hand column but I would like to have that view as an option in achievements rather than having to look at them only by category

Brenner
    Participant

I like the new theme also.

-Moving the “recent topics” to the top isn’t hard. Was there a list of departments in the previously used theme? I can’t remember.
    -Recently active officers listed and readily accessible was neat and is missed.
    -Being able to easily access a complete list of registered officers is missed.

Regarding achievements, there’s a REALLY neat application someone wrote for NJROTC that automatically sorts your ribbons into a ribbon bar or “fruit salad” based on seniority of the ribbon. It was designed for JROTC cadets in high school, but would be super useful for our purposes. Does anyone know if the achievements plugin has that function?

Here’s the tool I was talking about: http://kepler.pratt.duke.edu/NJROTC/NJROTC.html

Another thing that I’ve always tried figuring out but wasn’t able to is creating a “central officers record” but integrating it with this site. Certain users could be given authority to assign officers to ships, assignment requests could be made, and every activity is logged and can be integrated into an officer record for each individual officer. Sorta like Spock from the reboot movies, in the first one he’s able to easily reassign Uhura using some personnel management tool on his tablet. I’ve always wanted to be able to do all of that management for our group, but lack the coding expertise.

–Cdr. Brenner

Xavier
    Keymaster

This is very much appreciated and really excellent feedback. Please keep the feedback coming.

Xiph
    Participant

It looks very clean. At fist I thought my browser had been misbehaving!

I agree with what has been said above.

Brenner
    Participant

Additional feedback:

This is more of a bug report. There is placeholder text in the custom footers at the bottom of the page. They are labeled “custom footer text left” and “custom footer text right”. I’m assuming that the widgets weren’t properly assigned. Not familiar with this theme, though.

–Cdr. Brenner

Xavier
    Keymaster

I have switched around “Forums” and “Recent Topics” as requested, as well as adding members, displaying three in the list at any one time.

For awards, you can click “Officer Profile” and it will take you to the awards page on your profile. I am not sure how to set it so you can see them all at the same time though. Different awards are organised into different categories in Badge OS (used to add and track awards).

Matsiyan
    Participant

Thank you. The right hand column is great like that, though I would prefer 5 members :-).

Understood about the awards categorization. Reorganizing them all into a single category would presumably be a lot of work for little return.

I’d like to be able to look up other people’s awards (to verify documentation. Donovan just provided me with this link http://www.terranstellarnavy.net/members/

It used to be on the Comm Net submenu. It would be helpful to have it in navigation somewhere.

Is there a back end admin access to Badge OS that lets you export all the account/category/award records? That would be incredibly helpful for reconciliation with Central Officer Records.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.