Unukalhai

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Adele Mundy
    Participant

I was looking for information on the Unukalhai to add to the Encyclopedia, but couldn’t find any details. Do we have dates for when the split happened? What systems are the Unukalhai ones? Anything else that ought to go in the text?

Xavier
    Keymaster

I have a whole back story on them and the uprising as well as information about their state now. I’ll have to dig it out, but it is there somewhere. Have you looked through the stuff on the website?

Adele Mundy
    Participant

I went looking at the Universe, Alien Races, Other Known Factions, but there’s just the name there.

Xavier
    Keymaster
    Adele Mundy
    Participant

Thanks. From the first link you posted, it looks like a much smaller and shorter-lived entity than I had envisaged.

Xavier
    Keymaster

All I had to go off originally was the timeline created by Mike S and Brian J. I just wrote something to fit. It is the GMs who have made them such a huge force to be reckoned with… possibly going a bit too far in some regards. However, because there is no defined time between the “years” e.g. you could argue a stellar year is longer than an Earth year, the period they were active could have been quite long from a human perspective.

Time is always an abstract in our universe. I avoid relating it directly to Earth years. There are posts about time intervals and how they all fit together. Being a space faring, multi-species government, I am playing on the idea that we’ve moved away from time based on the cycle of the Earth.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

That makes sense. I thought they had a number of worlds, but it looks like they’re more of an underground movement, either terrorists or resistance fighters, depending on the observer’s point of view.

Another thing: I’ve seen the spelling as Unukalhai and Unakalhai, which is correct in TSN use? Unukalhai is a current name of Alpha Serpentis, derived from the Arabic Unuq al-Hayyah.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Adele Mundy.
    Xavier
    Keymaster

Double check in the official game manual.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

This may seem a strange question: which system is Earth in? I can’t find it mentioned in the wiki.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Well, if the Unuks have such disproportionately vast resources, they must have some secret, powerful supporters. That suggests there are people in the USFP who are secret sympathisers.

Unless some truly sneaky aliens are hiding behind intermediaries, and financing the Unuks so that humans will destroy each other.

Leonard Hall
    Participant

Here’s some dirt on the modern USF faction that was written up before the USF arc began.

The Unukalhai faction can be traced back to a group of colonists who escaped from the Bombardment of various worlds with a number of key ships and designs, including the colony seed ship Concord about 23 Years ago at the conclusion of the Unukalhai Uprising. rumors have been abound of recruitment over the past 10 or so years to their cause from various human colonies throughout the USFP and the Security Services Bureau have apprehended a number of agents over the last few years. About 12 months ago the theft of 124 mines from the Promethean Border Region’s defense grid was attributed to Unukalhai agents, but this has not been confirmed. The Unukalhai themselves are smart despite their human supremacist attitude. (and have been using influence and various dirty tricks to play species off one another to keep them weak). There have been theories that the Unukalhai have been supporting the myriad Pirate “corporations” (building hulls, safe refuge) in order to sow unrest, harass TSN assets, and damage shipping within the USFP.

In short basically they had established an underground colony somewhere on the fringe of Terran space, have been building up, developing their subterfuge and Del Pinos to stab us in the back.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Leonard Hall.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Leonard Hall.
    Adele Mundy
    Participant

Thank you! I knew I’d heard something somewhere, and couldn’t find it.

Leonard Hall
    Participant

This was from ONI briefs issued to the NSD and USF spies during the arc. I think it was read aloud to the crew once as well.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

That’s it. I did jot down some notes from that briefing, but this is complete.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘(OOC) TSN Canon Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.