TSN Viper and Horison ship icons

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) Division Development TSN Viper and Horison ship icons

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Aramond
    Participant

I like the Take 2. It has just enough detail that I think the first version was missing. Not as crazy about the snake, it seems too cartoony IMO.

Jemel Eahain

I think the horizon should be rotated more it looks too much like a nipple when it’s side ways

Matsiyan
    Participant

Maybe use a star rather than a planet appearing over the Horizon or use horizontal parallel lines getting closer together from foreground to centrefield rather than the curve of a planet.

Quinn
    Participant

I agree completely, Aramond, I almost scrapped the snake entirely. It’s hard to make one simple enough for a one-color logo that doesn’t also look dumb, so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Here’s a third go at Horizon, though I like Matsiyans suggestions, maybe I’ll try them next if this one doesn’t work out.
    TSN Horizon 3

Quinn
    Participant

I think maybe it’s the snake’s body that’s the goofiest looking, what do you think about this one without the body?
    TSN Viper 3

Adele Mundy
    Participant

I agree it looks better without the body. I am reluctant to go googling snake images, but I think one of the characteristcs of the viper is a sort of bump on its snout, if you want to make it more viper-like.
    Not that I want to criticise, since I have no idea how to even start putting together an image like that.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

Yeah, it does look better without a body. I thought the body was made to look spiral like a black hole.

The new TSN Horizon’s shield looks more colorful than the rest of the shields, right? Is it too much?

Quinn
    Participant

For comparison, the Hunter’s logo is pretty colorful, but I could probably simplify it if need be:
    Hunter

Quinn
    Participant

Here’s Horizon 3 without the atmosphere, which should simplify it significantly:

Horizon 4
    TSN Horizon 4

Horizon 5
    TSN Horizon 5

Blaze Strife
    Participant

You’ve really done a lot, Quinn. 🙂

Good work!

Proud to serve with you!

Adele Mundy
    Participant

I like the paler blue for the ocean. Great work, Quinn!

Aramond
    Participant

What if you did some sort of top down view for the snake? Don’t click that link, Mundy.

Matsiyan
    Participant

I like Horizon 5 a lot and the snake head without the body.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

*in a Gollum-voice*
    I’m not clicking! I’m not clicking!

Thanks for the warning 🙂

Years ago, when I though I just had the same, sensible uneasiness about reptiles that most humans have, I had the bright idea of creating a character with ophidophobia, in a fantasy world with lots of giant snakes. The game was run under GURPS, and their rules for failing a Will save vs. phobia were quite detailed. My character spent significant portions of monster fights either running away or frozen in terror…

Years later, ophidophile friends proudly showed me their new pet (non-venomous) snake. And I found out that the GURPS rules were entirely accurate, as I failed my RL Will save.

Quinn
    Participant

Hmm. Hard to make a snake look fierce from the top, but what do you think of an ouroboros? (Still NSFM-Not Safe For Mundy)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.