TSN Encyclopedia

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) The Mess Hall TSN Encyclopedia

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Xavier
    Keymaster

@Blaze

When I update it, I’ll add on a tag in the Contents so you can see what is new. It will be as simple as *New* before the reference to the information in the Encyclopedia. Each time I update it, I’ll remove the tag. That should make it easy to see what has been added since the last update and should avoid the need for having a change log typed up.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

That works, yeah.

Thanks!

And thanks to the editing team for putting it all together! šŸ˜€

Xavier
    Keymaster

I am going to add in the TSN Oath to the next release of the Encyclopedia. Almost forgot about it! We have so much information floating about, getting it all in the Encyclopedia is going to take a while!

Blaze Strife
    Participant

For those that are interested, but haven’t seen it, Xavier created the new subforum: TSN cannon development.

Matsiyan
    Participant

Just a point of spelling

canĀ·non
    noun
    a large, heavy piece of artillery, typically mounted on wheels, formerly used in warfare.
    synonyms: mounted gun, field gun, piece of artillery; mortar, howitzer; historicalculverin, falconet
    “a Civil War cannon sits near the entrance to the armory”

canĀ·on
    noun
    a general law, rule, principle, or criterion by which something is judged.
    “the appointment violated the canons of fair play and equal opportunity”
    synonyms: principle, rule, law, tenet, precept; More
    a collection or list of sacred books accepted as genuine.
    “the formation of the biblical canon”

Adele Mundy
    Participant

One thing about the bridge layout, the standard placement of Science and Comms stations doesn’t make it terribly easy to run both. I would guess we open up a secondary screen on our main console, just as we do on our computer screens.

Xavier
    Keymaster

Exactly that yes. That is why the consoles have multiple screens arranged around them that can be customised. Your data pad acts as the primary screen/ interface, whilst the rest have additional interfaces or information.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

As for the TSN Oath, I can easily copy it into the Encyclopedia. Under which heading would people prefer: TSN Oath, or Oath, TSN?

Blaze Strife
    Participant

I wanted to say “Oath, TSN”, due to the amount of entries starting with TSN we could probably have, but then I thought that maybe we do want to keep it all in one place; so “TSN Oath” might be better, if we have everything in that form.

Xavier
    Keymaster

It is already in under Officer’s Oath.

As for spelling,I always chuckle at ordnance and ordinance. For some reasons I have visions of ejecting clergymen from the torpedo tubes.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Those were precisely my thoughts. If we can have internal links in the Encyclopedia, we could have both, cross-referencing. It just depends whether that makes the Encyclopedia too long.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Do clergymen do more damage than cadets? +1 for Clerical Blessing, and all that.

Xavier
    Keymaster

TSN Encyclopedia Updated

I have just gone through and added a load of new information to the official TSN Encyclopedia. Thanks to Mundy for compiling it all! The Encyclopedia document has been updated and released. Find it here.

I have indicated what is new in the contents list by prefixing each entry with “New” in orange. In the next update, these tags will be removed and the latest content prefixed with “New”.

There is now quite a chunk of information in the Encyclopedia, but there is a huge amount still to add. Everything from combat order to the FCS, as well as information on other alien races is still waiting to go in there. There is also some stuff that hasn’t been officially recorded anywhere that needs to be added too. Keep your eyes peeled for further updates!

Blaze Strife
    Participant

Awesome!

Thanks for your effort, Encyclopaedia Team!

Matthew Vaj
    Participant

@admin, could the TSN Encyclopedia be added to the library to make it easier to find?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.