Training Simulation 1-Alpha

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Command Centre Holodeck Training Simulation 1-Alpha

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@matsiyan
    “Sure, hand it over.”
    *Takes the weapon from Matsiyan.*
    *Carefully scans the area for hostiles.*

“All clear. Mundy, how’s it coming over there?”

Matsiyan
    Participant

Any way to cancel the alert and open the door?

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Looking over the keyboard

Let me see if I can shut this damn alarm off…

Looking for ways to: shut off the alarm; open the door; bring up a schematic of the place to look for an escape route, and possibly the location of weapons on the way; monitor any movement outside, such as the approach of guards; also, if this room is being monitored, looking for a way to interfere with sensors, so that they can’t see/hear what we’re doing.

And I’d like to pick up that datapad-like device,

Xavier
    Keymaster

@mundy As you access the terminal, security systems begin to activate, closing down the data you try to access. Gradually, the console shuts down, leaving only the Kralien keyboard active on which to enter security passwords or basic commands. Your knowledge of Kralien is not extensive enough to use the keyboard confidently to write a bypass. Picking up the datapad, you have more luck. It is not security protected, and browsing through the available programs you find a translation matrix built into the device.

@dantezelreich You recognise the weapon passed to you as a standard Kralien sidearm, similar to those used by the TSN. You are familiar with this weapon from simulations you ran during basic combat training. Checking the settings, you see it is fully charged and ready to fire. You know you have only a few moments to take up a good firing position before something comes through the door.

The alarm continues to blare loudly, then suddenly shuts off. Everything goes eerily quiet for a moment and the only sound you can hear is the breathing of those around you, which seems overly loud in the sudden quiet. The lights remain a deep red, casting a gloom through the room. The blue of the console illuminates the faces of Matsiyan and Mundy by the terminal. Time seems to slow…

//p.s. check the Toolbox for inspiration.

Anonymous
    Inactive

*Zelreich signals all officers to take cover and to wait for his signal to attack.*

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Mutters
    Dammit.

I need to use the translation matrix on here
    briefly lifts up the datapad
    to make sense of the main console. This is going to slow me down a bit, people, sorry.

Using the Translation Matrix, Mundy begins to look for: a way to bypass the shutdown of the console; then, a way to shut off visual and audio transmission from this room; a video feed to activity outside; schematics of the facility; and, out of not-really-paranoia, just an abundance of caution, info on life support to this room, just in case it becomes necessary to either shut down or restart air circulation etc.

And she is crouching down behind the console at this point.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Adele Mundy.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Xavier.
    Aramond
    Participant

Eric puts himself ahead of the others, turtleing behind his panel. Ready to reposition himself as necessary to provide cover.

Xavier
    Keymaster

@mundy Placing the datapad next to the console, the Translation Matrix activates and the Kralien keyboard is replaced with a standard human interface. Using a security bypass algorithm, you gain access again and the console reveals several options:
    Internal Communications
    Cell Operational Controls
    Mainframe Access

Punching in some commands, you manage to access the main computer. Access to security systems is heavily encrypted. As you continue searching, you find a map of the facility in which you are located. Your cell is one of four, located opposite one-another along an access corridor. The adjecent block reads as empty and so does the one directly across the corridor. The third, opposite the adjacent cell reads as being active.

Zooming out, the map shows additional detail of your location. At the end of the corridor, a ramp rises to the main entrance. A guard post is on the other side of the main door, and the corridor leads directly away. It splits at a T junction, a corridor left leading to what looks like a small barracks and an armoury, the corridor right leading towards a small quarters. The right corridor continues and beyond the small quarters, there are multiple other rooms and finally at the end, a single lift shaft. It would seem the facility you are in is located underground.

You attempt to zoom out more but suddenly security protocols activate, immediately locking down the console.

All of a sudden, the door snaps open. There is a flurry of clicking noises, recognisable as Kralien speech, and weapons fire lashes into the cell, illuminating the gloom with each bolt and slamming into the wall panelling. A shot stikes the panel held by Aramond, knocking him to the ground. You smell burned plastic and metal as fire continues to pour in.

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Aramond!”
    *Zelreich returns fire while simultaneously dragging Aramond back into cover.*

Matsiyan
    Participant

Mundy, did that lock down everything or just the map search? Any chance of deactivating the other active cell? He ducks involuntarily at the incoming fire. Best keep behind the console!

Matsiyan
    Participant

Goes to help Aramond out of the line of fire.
    We’ve got him! Keep firing!

Anonymous
    Inactive

*Slowly taking in a breath, Zelreich zeroes in on their enemies heads. Hoping to score critical hits.*

Matthew Vaj
    Participant

Blaze, take this!

Vaj tosses the makeshift knife to Blaze and turns his attention to Aramond. He attempts to assess Aramond’s situation.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Mundy tries to exit the map, to go back to the Cell Operational Controls

//I wake up, I open up the iPad to turn off the sound of waves, and the first thing I see is an email notice that starts with “Aramond!” All I can say is: 1) we’re living in a science fiction movie, and: 2) stop trying to give me a heart attack.

Anonymous
    Inactive

//lol sorry Mundy.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.