Training Simulation 1-Alpha

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Command Centre Holodeck Training Simulation 1-Alpha

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Matsiyan
    Participant

Matsiyan racks his brains to see if he can remember anything about Kralien power or control circuitry from training classes. This red web is fascinating.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

Blaze listens closely to what the others are saying, and begins removing light panels from his and Aramond’s cell.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

It’s a bit awkward for me to reach the top of the light tube by myself
    says the 1.53m tall person in a two metre high cell, reaching up on tiptoe for the top of the light tube

Adele Mundy
    Participant

//actually, the ceiling must be more than two metres high, or Blaze would be bumping his head.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Tells the others

Well, since I can’t reach the top, I’m going to see if I can work out what the power connections are like down by the floor

Crouches down and has a look

//are there any symbols or characters on the wires? Mundy is a xeno-linguist and ought to recognise at least which alphabet-equivalent she might see.

Xavier
    Keymaster

@Mundy You see different sets of symbols next to small power coupling and small round silver tube, rounded at one end and about an inch on length at the base of the light fitting. Reading the symbols, you work out that the small tube reads ‘power capacitor’. The power coupling has morr Kralien script, representing the equivalent to a numbered code. The tube looks like it is located in some kind of clip and linked to the power coupling, into which the filaments of the light feed in to.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Xavier.
    Adele Mundy
    Participant

Describes everything she can see and read out loud so the others can hear.

Matsiyan, what do you make of that?

Matsiyan
    Participant

So these are lighting circuits rather than main power. The reddish filament bundles in the light tubes are electroluminescent when they have power and are in vaccuum. They lose charge fairly quickly and go from reddish to dull black. If I remember correctly they have an element of biotech in them. They are very convenient just to spread as a net in vaccuum to create lighting. The power capacitor should be just there as a starter. I have trouble believing it would hold enough charge to mess with a force field.

However, my best guess would be to remove the power capacitor temporarily, break the light tube and drape the freed light filaments across the cell to the lower left corner of the force field, or whichever corner is the source of ripples in your cell. Then I suggest we all reinsert the power capacitors at the same time. We could coordinate the “drop” like an Echo run.

This much power isn’t going to blow out the field, but it might mess with the frequency resonance enough to destabilize it. I don’t know if it will hold like that or just flicker. Again if the second person in the cell could charge the barrier as soon as the power is connected, that might draw a lot of power which, if not in resonance, could further destabilize or overload one or more of the force field sources. Try to hit the field as far from the ripple source as possible. If even one of us gets through, we have a chance to operate the console.

I’d prefer to hack into the control circuits and just switch it off, but not seeing an access.

I’m going to work on setting that up in our cell. Share if you find any other circuits near the power coupling. Sing out when ready.

Who wants to call the move when we are ready?

Goes to work stripping out the capacitor and filaments and laying them out as suggested. Investigates the area around the power coupling.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Starts following Matsiyan’s directions

It looks to me from here as if the console is designed to be operated by two people. So if one person has to stay at the back of the cell to reinsert the capacitor, two need to charge out. There’s only one of me, so… I’ll just follow tech instructions.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

What if you take out the lights, and plug them directly into the force field, while they’re still powered?

Looking at the force field, he says uncertainly.

It doesn’t seem safe crushing into that field, flickering or not.

Matsiyan
    Participant

Yes, Blaze, that is what I am suggesting. We just have the option of closing the circuit by plugging the capacitor back in rather than just jamming the filaments into the field. Using the capacitor also has the bonus that it will build up an initial jolt rather than just the steady state current.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

Oh… Got it! Thanks, Engi!

Xavier
    Keymaster

//Just waiting on actions to be stated as to what it is you are going to do

Matsiyan
    Participant

// Thought I stated mine and Mundy and Blaze are playing along. I think Arsmond and Vaj may both be incommunicado.

Matsiyan removes the power capacitor, lays the lighting filaments across the cell and rests the ends against the lower left corner of the force field.

He exchanges a few words with everyone else to check if they are ready and prepares to press home the capacitor and dash across the cell after Vaj.

Commencing Echo run. On my mark.
    Three
    Two
    One

MARK!

Matsiyan pushes home the capacitor and prepares to charge the field together with Vaj.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

//As for Blaze and Aramond, we can probably say that Aramond is the one doing the technical details, while Blaze is preparing to charge, but I don’t wanna write it in-character, because that would be taking over of Aramond’s character. So, it’s up to you, Xavier.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.