Training Simulation 1-Alpha

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Command Centre Holodeck Training Simulation 1-Alpha

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Blaze Strife
    Participant

//Mundy, share with us! Don’t let Blaze break his foot trying to break the glass. XD

Matsiyan
    Participant

Matsiyan blinks at the image of the light cover being praised up. He turns and eyes the cover behind him.

Can anyone else hear us? he calls in a slightly raised voice.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Gentlemen, I’ve managed to pry off the plastic light cover. There’s a light tube attached to a power conduit at the bottom. Try to do the same… And I’d appreciate guidance about how to approach the power conduit. I’m thinking that if I can access it I might be able to use the wiring to disrupt the energy field. I don’t know how much cabling I might be able to pull out.

Tries to send as clear a visual image as possible to Matsiyan

See what I mean?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Adele Mundy.
    Blaze Strife
    Participant

Nothing…

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Blaze Strife.
    Matsiyan
    Participant

Quietly
    Vaj, Mundy pried up the corner of the light cover in her cell. She can see the light tube and a power conduit below it. Let’s work on the same thing.

Hears Mundy. Speaks up.

I’m thinking three possibilities. Maybe there is enough play in a conduit to fish enough wire out to mess with the force field, but that seems unlikely. Otherwise maybe we can work out enough of the power layout to take down the force field from the power conduit access. Failing that we could try shorting out all the cell lights at once and see if we can disrupt it even momentarily.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Matsiyan. Reason: Formatting
    Matsiyan
    Participant

What happened when you touched the field, Vaj?

Blaze Strife
    Participant

//I think we’re moving too fast. We’re not doing it by the phases, as recommended. 😛

Xavier
    Keymaster

//It seems fine so far. This is basically the first phase where you can discuss options. When you want to commit, go ahead and start the actions. It might be worth waiting for input from other though… that is a decision you will have to make yourselves.

Matthew Vaj
    Participant

//Don’t I have to wait for GM to tell me what happened @matsiyan

//Whayever happened, assuming I didn’t die or get knocked out…

Right, getting a light cover off is probably the safer course of action. At least for now.

Begins prying the panel loose.

Matsiyan
    Participant

//Yeah. You do. I was reminding him 🙂 @mattssheep4

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Matsiyan. Reason: Spelling
    Xavier
    Keymaster

Pressing lightly against the field, Vaj feels a slight static kind of shock as well as pressure pushing back against his hand. The field flares are the point of contact, sending a ripple of energy thhat makes the field temporarily visible.

Trying again, and pushing harder, Vaj feels the same shock but with a greater intensity. Pushing again even harder likely to become more ‘uncomfortable’.

When left, the energy field returns to normal, the odd flicker moving through it. You notice a pattern though, the flickers are in more or less short parallel lines, moving from the bottom left to the top right of the field.

//Sorry for the delay there. Need to remember – I know what happens, but can’t assume you guys know/are thinking alobg the same lines!

Blaze Strife
    Participant

// @Aramond , you able to play?

Xavier
    Keymaster

@mattssheep4

The light panel cracks loudly, a fracture running through the plastic material to the top of the panel. Pulling harder, it comes loose with a snap. A shard hits the light tube shattering it and the cell is cast into a gloom. Another shard of the plastic material hits the force field which flares suddenly and deflects the plastic on to the floor. Inspecting the edge, you see the shard has been singed, likely because of the hard impact against the force field.

The tube light can now be seen clearly. Inside, where it has been broken from the impact of a shard of plastic material, there is a strange web-like stucture. The strands of the web are as very thin, delicate and a have dull red colour to them. They are interlaced with one another and extend the full length of the tube. The web is warm to the touch and gives a small electrical shock. The light tube itself extends from just above floor height, where it is connected to a power coupling and tangle of wires, and in to the ceiling where it is connected to more wiring.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Xavier.
    Adele Mundy
    Participant

Mundy starts examining the light tube to see if it can be disconnected, or the wiring pulled out

Matsiyan
    Participant

Hey, Vaj, this cell is less than two metres deep, but the wall is at least two metres high. If the light tube is disconnected at the top it should reach across the cell to the force field, especially if we can fish a little extra wire from the power conduit. I’m seeing ripples run from bottom left to top right, so I suspect the greatest disruption effect would be at the bottom left corner.

If we all coordinate and have someone sturdy he grins, thinking of Blaze’s huge form crashing through the fading field ready to try breaking through when the fields are disrupted, even if they do come back, that should maximize our chance of getting someone through to the control console.

That is likely to set off a lot of alarms too.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.