The role of the Duty Officer

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) Division Development The role of the Duty Officer

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Xavier
    Keymaster

I had a look at old pages from the website and found one with information at the DO on it. I have taken the information and put it into this handbook:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b4kXHXyo7R7W1CPc6V64WOUfCTeaTGv2wzFXKvlb9fY/edit?usp=sharing

There is a link in there to the new checklist too. I can add in more information if needed, but with this and the checklist, the DO should have everything they need.

Matsiyan
    Participant

I suggest that the links to individual documents be replaced with a link to the Library Basic Training page where the master versions of those documents should be linked. This will reduce confusion if the document locations ever change.

Also I suggest that the Cadet Protocols and Procedures document be moved to the head of the list on that page and that the combat orders summary/quick reference be added or incorporated into the front of the combat orders document.

I think it would also be helpful to move the document links section to the top of the Library page, with the explanations of training following them. That fits the most common navigation path.

Matsiyan
    Participant

The reference document and the checklist are extremely useful.
    Information on managing rank assignments (Teamspeak channel/group assignments) and whisper key setups would also be useful to DO/ADO and senior officers.

I found the following worksheet extremely useful in tracking attendance and planning assignments as DO. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KuIcQfI4XcHPi6VAyvaspZ1OlSkO7v1w8n1owMqEUds/edit?usp=docslist_api
    It does of course need updating as Officer Assignments change.

It might be useful to have principles for temporary assignments. I found evenly spreading cadets across ships to be much more successful than assigning them all to the ship with the lowest turnout, even if that meant asking permanently assigned officers to move for the shift.

Lewis Remmick
    Participant

Is there a list somewhere of each officer’s primary and secondary specialty? I suspect it would be helpful to have an expanded list that included official crews, and everyone who didn’t have a permanent post.

Aramond
    Participant

There’s the Crew Assignment Sheet in the Library that has everyone’s postings and roles. The only part of it that isn’t completely up to date are the ranks of every officer.

Keeping an entire listing of officers without permanent assignments might not be the best idea with the inevitable turnover always in effect. Then the discussion would have to be made of when to mark an officer as “inactive” (not showing up anymore.)

Matsiyan
    Participant

The Zcrew Assignment Sheet is where I sourced the names, assignments and specialties.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.