The Human race

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Blaze Strife
    Participant

In Races and Factions, there is a list of non-USFP races that descriptions of their way of life.

I’m interested in the human way of life in 2237. Do we have an agreement on that? Is it kept undefined to open up RP opportunities? How many planets have we colonized? Do we still have a democracy? Is capitalism still a thing? Do we even have money? What is the average lifespan? How big are the cities? Are there countries? Do we all speak the same language?

There are so many questions that I’d like to know the answer to.

Xavier
    Keymaster

Lots of interesting questions.

A while back, we had someone who was helping develop the canon through their logs and questions/ ideas they were coming up with. I wanted to get a department together to do it. There are a couple of private pages with information on set up, typed OOC, that information was added to and could be used to inform personal logs and such. I’d add stuff as it came up to give one clear idea, based on ideas I’d had or others had suggested.

I could make these pages visible, and then keep adding ideas that come up, or addressing questions. They’d be rather haphazard and lengthy at first, until they start to fill out and information can start to be organised into categories.

Any ideas on how to answer these questions are welcome. Then we can make it official canon on the canon pages.

Personally, I see USFP citizens having the ability to communicate easily, but still hold on to the diversity of languages. Something like the universal translator used in ST, just not as advanced.

Planets colonised… there can be plenty of planets, but not all have humans on. I remember writing something on that on the private canon pages about different types of colonies.

The USFP is the government of all the races. I have the image of the senate on Coresant from Star Wars which appears briefly Episode 1. Lots of different races represented and a president appointed.

Money and capitalism is interesting. I would lean away from the system we have in modern days. Perhaps a credits system?

Big cities – definately ancient cities on earth. On other human planets they’d be smaller.

Countries – I reckon we’d be defined more by which planet we are from than country. Really, it’d be similar, just on a larger scale. Though colonised planets wouldn’t have huge populations due to how young the colony might be 2237 is only 200 years from now!

With advancements in medical technology lifespan could easily be 150 (though less if you like wearing red!)

Hows that so far?

Blaze Strife
    Participant

Very interesting!

I’m glad to see you’ve thought about these and other topics. I do have plenty of other questions, but I won’t hit you with all of them just yet.

I don’t know about opening up the private sections, since I’ve no idea what it entails, but you could add a “The Humans” page (with all the info) to Races and Factions.

We could use this topic to ask and answer the questions. For example, I could collect all of the unanswered questions, in a post on every other page or so. Or something like that.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Blaze Strife.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Blaze Strife.
    Adele Mundy
    Participant

I’d be interested!

Blaze Strife
    Participant

Is anyone else interested in this discussion?

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Blaze Strife. Reason: Removed code
    • This reply was modified 8 years ago by Blaze Strife. Reason: Removed bold
    • This reply was modified 8 years ago by Blaze Strife. Reason: Test complete, not to ask the question
    Matsiyan
    Participant

I’m interested in the discussion. Background to inform the personal logs would be great. I’m slightly worried about having a lot of specifics that would limit creativity and get us into nit-picking, but the benefits of a consistent world would be significant.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.