The Division Needs YOU!

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) Division Development The Division Needs YOU!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Xavier
    Keymaster

We are searching for anyone interested in becoming a GM in our community! Currently, we have a couple of great GMs, but we want more so the responsibility for running missions doesn’t always fall on the same one or two officers.

The Role of the GM
    In our community, the GMs are the officers responsible for running the missions during the shift. Before the shift (via the forums or during a TS meeting), the GMs are informed of the missions that will be running and the objectives, as well as any key points about the mission that link with the story. They are then responsible for using the Gamemaster console in Artemis to playout the mission for the ships and crews involved. NOTE: the GMs are informed of the story and key points for the immediate mission. The story itself is created and run by a separate team.

We are looking for officers therefore who want to help run the missions during a shift. The only additional commitment required would be to keep up-to-date with information on the forums, or messages communicated directly to you by the story team (again via the website messages). Due to the nature of the role, you should still be able to enjoy the story arc as, though you might know the immediate mission objectives and likely outcome, you will not know the whole story or the wider impact of the mission.

So, if you are interested, add your name here. The GM console is quick and easy to pick up due to the interactive menu system, and guidance can be given by Fish, the current GMs as well as myself if you want!

Volunteer now!

Draeco
    Participant

I would be interested in trying my hand at it. Exactly how much liberty does a GM have to shape a mission (e.g., choice of ships, size of fleets, hazards)?

Draeco

Xiph
    Participant

Name added.

Xavier
    Keymaster

Thanks for the responses.

The amount of shaping a GM can do will depend on the mission. The story will be planned by one or two people, and so they will be outlining the mission that will be played in order to fit with the story line at that point. The GM team will then be the ones that use the GM console to play out the mission. This way, people coming up with the story can play in game (instead of always GMing) acting almost like an NPC by guiding the mission. The briefing for the GM might be quite broad, but at other points quite specific. One example might be: The division are going to explore sector ____ and will run in to light pirate patrols. They need to find a black box aboard one that they engage.

Sorry that is a bit vague. We’ll have to see how it goes.

Xavier
    Keymaster

Oh, one thing to add. GMs will also be able to run Combat Exercises. These we have used for specific training exercises, GM training or just to have a change of pace depending on what is happening. Most recently, we have been using ones to practise the formations. In these missions, there will be times where you can just run an interesting ‘one-off’ mission.

Draeco
    Participant

Good enough. Let me know if/when you need me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.