The Bar

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    John van Leigh
    Participant

I brought her back with me when I got the orders to replace del Pino. The inventory listed a decent ammount of coffee, but I suspect that a couple of yard dogs stole from the cargo hold.

The disco ball… I think I saw one of those on the mess hall of Atlantis.

Morlock
    Participant

no i had no idea… i was called away during the last shift on personal business so i missed all of the commotion. it figures!

thanks for catching me up.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

*Walks heavily to the table, raises his tankard and loudly proclaims*

Hail Hydra!

*then proceeds to drink long and deep*

*Finally, sits down and places an almost emtpy tankard along with a bottle of an old dark Belgian beer*

I considered Hydra and her crew my home in this deep space. It pains me that at least two of them betrayed us all. It pains me even more when I remember Cessna was a very kind person, and has helped me a lot. May he rot in space.

Zephyr
    Participant

Hello, I’m back, first place I come is the mess for a kralien ale and there is talk that my old ship the Raven got fragged and the hydra has been totally written off. I best make it a few drinks listen to more of what I’ve missed.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

You’re from Raven? She’s a good ship. Good crew, too.

*Turns towards @Aramond, sitting across the table.*

I suppose you know Aramond is a very good pilot, but tell me, do you know he’s not very keen on receiving warnings from a lower ranked officer about asteroids and mines ahead? Even when he once almost destroyed Raven because sensors were slow to update on sector transition, which is something that he, as a Science Officer, should now a lot about.

*Quickly raises a hand to pause the oncoming questions.*

And, before you ask, I base my question in the belief that his curt answers and angry frown were caused by my many warnings.

Also, before you ask, I have a very high opinion of you, Aramond, and I respect you a lot. I just believe that that’s something you need to work on, if you wish to sit in a captain’s chair permanently, as soon as you hope to.

John van Leigh
    Participant

I’m not defending Aramond here as I didn’t work enough with him to get a deep understanding of his personality, but sometimes the angry reaction comes from the fact that someone senior should know better. One gets angry with oneselves, and we react like that.

But the crashing into mines at transition is a problem that comes in many places. First, we’re not (neither helm people or captains) used to slowing down, so the order doesn’t get issued and the people driving don’t do it anyways. Second, we don’t rely on our maps enough, so we don’t bother to check for a route where we don’t die horribly. I’m as guilty of that one as any scicomms officer, as I try to avoid having anything loaded with my consoles and comms systems.

//But yeah, I think that Aramond may not be the very best (yet!), but he’s competent, is willing to improve, and strives to deserve the responsibilities given to him. And that’s damn well respectable.

Aramond
    Participant

*chokes on ale*

Hey, these lieutenant’s bars are adding enough weight to my uniform. Let’s not talk about me getting command until I’ve had a lot more to drink.

Besides, ensign, when you’re on helm your mind is usually in a different place. At least mine is.

*finishes off drink*

Besides, I’m a scientist. Flight used to be just a hobby.

But yeah, Zeph, we got a volley of nukes thrown at us which took out the damn ship. I don’t know how, but she’s up and running again already. Not sure what your assignment is going to be now. We have another engineer assigned to the Raven…

Blaze Strife
    Participant

On another note, anyone got any news about a new ship for Commander Verok? As I understood it, TSN Valiant is just a temporary solution.

Zephyr
    Participant

Aramond a volley of nukes from a mc, ouch. Not much to be done to defend against that, glad to hear there were life pods. I’ll be ‘floating’ for a while. It’ll take a few weeks to get up to speed with the new warp engines and the change of pace from R&D work. I’m sorry to hear about the loss of personel and ship, and the traitors among us.

John van Leigh
    Participant

Just surviving that is more than enough indeed. Damn, del Pino always had a soft spot for overkill.

*passes a napkin to Aramond*

I’m not really sure what they’ll send this way, but I know for a fact that we’ll be seeing a new ship. HQ was very terminant about not leaving this region uncovered. But I don’t even have an idea what class she will be.

By the way, barkeep, is there a menu or something?

Blaze Strife
    Participant

//I keep waiting for someone more knowledgeable about space-age food to make a Barkeep forum account and post the answer to the question. Maybe @stationservices could post it, without creating another account.

Fish Evans

The Price Lists etc are on the local datanet *pings everyone nearby with a link*

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nlnf5dYDoF3SvZh0KqF6V-v3kkGt3rmUVtIKKwQbQ4A/edit?usp=sharing

Just a word of warning The Barkeep is from Meptis, try not to stare at his Ganglia or he will short change you. Havent seen him so far today though… By the way anyone know what Blink is in the entertainment section?

//Ping me a PM if some one is interested in seting up a StationServices Like account to play an “NPC” like the bar keeper.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Fish Evans.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Fish Evans.
    Adele Mundy
    Participant

//I can’t open the google document from the link, I get a message that I don’t have permission.

Matsiyan
    Participant

// I also get lack of permissions trying to follow that link @fishevans

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Promethean Command Station’ is closed to new topics and replies.