The Bar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Matsiyan
    Participant

Hey, Guy, open a tab for me will you. Everyone is welcome to toast the Hydra on me. I’ll have what passes for an espresso and a very large grappa to help the taste. I’ll be at the large table over there.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

A glass of wine with you, sir. The Hydra, and our brothers in arms.

Aramond
    Participant

A Hjordan ale, if you would please. To the Hydra, and Conrad’s magnificent coffee maker!

Adele Mundy
    Participant

*background music in the bar*
    Brothers in Arms – Dire Straits – YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com › watch

Matsiyan
    Participant

The universe does seem to have it in for the things I care about, doesn’t it?
    *stands*
    But I will gladly drink a toast with the both of you. To all that went before.
    *sips grappa*

Matsiyan
    Participant
    Morlock
    Participant

goddamn it you guys what happened.

every time i’m called away a ship gets destroyed.

John van Leigh
    Participant

White wine-boiled coffee, please, with sugar.

What are y’all staring at? Drink up, we didn’t kill any biomechs on mission!

Quinn
    Participant

Hey, does anybody have an extra toothbrush? Mine was hijacked by Unukalhai traitors…

Gabriel Wade
    Participant

*raises a bottle of Hjorden Ale to the fallen Hydra, clinks it against Aramond’s, and takes a swig, ended with a bowed head.*

Matsiyan
    Participant

*low and intense*
    I know I witter on about the coffee machine, but it is only a way of talking about it without going over all the meaningful and painful parts. We all live in cramped quarters on the front lines. It isn’t the material objects that matter, except that, having so few, each one is precious for the memories. *wry grin* I’ll exclude toothbrushes and the like from that. *sips his drink*

It’s the steed that took us into battle, delivered our blows and shuddered with wounds that never took us. It is the camp beyond the safety of civilization, where we stood our watches with our brothers in arms, covered each others backs and shared our deepest trust. And that place is gone even if we are not, and worse is the trust that was broken with anyone who ever served with those two names that do not bear repeating.

I hope they are wrong about there being a third one.

*Gives a little shake of the head. Leans back, toying with his glass at arm’s length.*

I am glad that there was a reduced crew on board. Looks like they planned to minimize interference in their plans by deploying those experimental upgraded skutters to reduce the on duty personnel. Not that I think they were trying to lower casualties, just cut down the odds of an effective resistence to their mutiny. They may have turned some of the crew too. I’ll bet they locked out the bridge and engineering. Without information, maybe they never knew they were in combat against TSN vessels or maybe there were some desperate confrontations. I guess we’ll never know.

John van Leigh
    Participant

There were some survaillance recordings from the docking area, apparently they were singing this very badly the entire time, leading to the crew to think it was some kind of joke.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Yeah, well, some joke. I’ve just looked at the list of casualties, Dr. Chen was on board. You know, the one I complain about all the time. The one who checked me out after my console blew up. She was supposed to be off shift, but she was in Hydra’s MedBay. Knowing her, she was probably catching up on admin, she hates admin… Hated admin.
    *raises glass*
    Dr. Chen.

Matsiyan
    Participant

Very funny, John. Yeah, they probably pulled all kinds of con tricks to get where they needed to be.

Hey, Morlock, seriously you missed what was going on? Hydra has been destroyed. She was hijacked by two Unuk infiltrators, del Pino and Cessna. Cessna seems to have been a true supremacist from what was broadcast, don’t know if del Pino was died-in-the-wool or under some sort of duress. Must have been pretty heavy to override the Oath of Service, but…

It seems they were behind the missing medical supplies, the assassination of the POWs and the sabotage of Lancer. Finally they stole Hydra, almost got away too, but when they realized they had failed to evade pursuit, they closed on Raven and let off a broadside of nukes. The proximity caused them to detonate closer to Hydra, who already had some damage, and besides, Raven’s shields were stronger. Hydra was pretty much vaporized. Raven went critical and the crew were rescued from life pods, but it looks like she’ll fly again.

Speaking of which, did someone say Hunter is back in commission? We thought she was gone for good when they transferred us over to Lancer. And then many shifts ago we happend to see her in a shipyard while we were returning from a patrol. I know she must have been barely salvagable and if they just took her out, I’m guessing the paint wasn’t even dry.

I would love to know where they refitted her. I’ve been trying to find out for several shifts. It would be great to go through the scrap and see if there is anything salvagable. Rag me all you want, but my grandmother’s coffee maker was aboard. I would love to have that back. Not to mention that crazy disco-ball we had rigged to the red alert. It’s not exactly “Ride of the Valkyries” but it did make us feel pretty special going into action.

Matsiyan
    Participant

Hey, Mundy, I’ll drink to that.
    *stands – raises glass*
    Dr. Chen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Promethean Command Station’ is closed to new topics and replies.