The Bar, 6119-2237

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Zac Turnez
    Participant

Looking over sensor reports, Turnez leans against the bar drinking coffee.

(THE BAR IS BACK!)

Matthew Vaj
    Participant

Vaj walks into the bar and orders a cup of coffee. He turns to Turnez.

Find anything promising yet?

Rodger Wilcon
    Participant

Wilcon stumbles into the bar with a headache and sleep deprivation from the previous sleepless night, and sits down at the end of the bar, pondering over old station and machinery manuals.

Orange juice please… scratch that, water.

Matthew Vaj
    Participant

Vaj calls to Wilcon

Wilcon, come join us!

Rodger Wilcon
    Participant

Wilcon glances, head lolling over his shoulder, at Vaj and slowly walks over to where Vaj and Turnez are sitting, sits down, and takes a long sip of water.

OK, ‘morning, hi.

Matthew Vaj
    Participant

Vaj takes in Wilcon’s appearance and frowns.

You know, Wilcon, not getting enough sleep won’t help us find our way home any faster. We need to keep fresh. You should probably run down to medbay and get something to get you through the day.

Rodger Wilcon
    Participant

Water is the best way to get rid of excess melatonin, other drugs don’t tend to work as well for me, and coffee just tastes horrible.

Another long sip of water.

Matthew Vaj
    Participant

Fair enough. What’re you working on?

Zac Turnez
    Participant

Turnez tosses the pad onto the bar and sits back, rubbing his temples. He takes a sip of his coffee and sighs heavily

I have been looking over the most recent data dump from the sensor packages we smuggled into Ulikai space last mission. There are most definitely traces of TSN origin in there. It has to be from the Sabre – there’s no doubt about that
    What I can’t figure out is the state she might have been in. The readings also give some indication of a general direction of movement, but that gives an area of location that covers almost half of this known system.

And the thing is, this could all be for naught. These trace readings could easily come from debris that has been gathered and transported aboard a small convoy.

Turnez glances at his pad again, frowning this time

There is also another signal in there. It’s strangely familiar, but I just can’t think what it is. It doesn’t match any record I can get my hands on, but yet it looks… I don’t know, maybe I am just tired.

Rodger Wilcon
    Participant

I have got to say, I would be surprised if there is anything meaningful left of the Sabre, exploding panels, cascading overloads, and that’s only what I saw running to the pods. We were taking fire from maybe 20… 30 different ships, as well as multiple groups of drones and fighters.

Wilcon frustratedly huffs and runs his fingers through his hair.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Mundy approaches the group. She is carrying a glass of Hjocoa, of course.

That looks like a strangely familiar signature, Turnez… she says as she looks over his shoulder at his datapad Sabre and… hmmm.

Matthew Vaj
    Participant

Vaj nods in agreement with Wilcon. He pats Turnez on the shoulder.

I’m sure you’ll figure it out, Turnez. Need I repeat my advice to Wilcon?

He grins to them in turn, and turns to Mundy as she approaches, flashing a grin in her direction as well.

Glad we’ve got some Hjorden with us, I suppose?

Matsiyan
    Participant

Matsiyan enters unfastening his uniform jacket and yawning. He orders a small Hjorden ale and pulls up a stool nearby.

Hi Turnez. There wasn’t enough trace material near the lifepods to account for a full wreck. But you’re right, there is no way to know how many pieces she was in when she was moved. I’m suspecting that at least one warp node was functional, otherwise we would not see that ion trail. Worrying. More for them to analyse.

He takes a swallow of ale with weary satisfaction and looks over the datapad.
    That signal does give me an itch and yet it doesn’t look exactly like anything I can recall.

Edwards and Jemel are happy about the freighter we brought in. She’s not too damaged and there is a bunch of industrial equipment aboard. Now they’ve completed the heavy ordnance safety tune-ups, they seemed very eager to see the inside of anything they haven’t already counted every seam of.

Rodger Wilcon
    Participant

Wilcon begrudgingly pulls a small bottle of capsules out of his pocket and tosses one into his mouth, swallowing it down with a mouth of water

I was in the medbay earlier this morning. They’ve started doubling physical and psyche checkups, increased stress, overworking, etc.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Mundy glances at Wilcon and raises an eyebrow.

I’m going to have to ask Dr. Shah. She fixed my broken arm – that was no problem; but she said they’re being extra careful with medical supplies.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.