The Bar 26316-2237

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Udae
    Participant

It appears I’m the first one here. Shame my communicator copped out before the shift ended. Hopefully everything turned out all right.

Xavier
    Keymaster

// Sorry the server went down. It is back up now and Jemel has sent across a ticket to the people who he rents it from. He is working to resolve the problem and prevent it happening in the future.

// If you can, please relay this message to as many people as you meet.

// Xavier

John van Leigh
    Participant

A tea, please? Need to write reports. The carrier is a mess, but it’s a pretty fun mess to work on.

There are a couple of crates of unreclaimed personal effects that we salvaged from the Hawk. If you were there, write me and I’ll get things sorted for you.

//Seriously, I need the list of bridge officers to sort out purple heart nominations. It was Allard and me at least, and I know that a cadet was on weapons, but we don’t have a full listing, that we kinda need to be fair with the awards.

Matsiyan
    Participant

Mundy was picked up from one of Hawk’s final life pods.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

I was on Hawk when she met her end. There shouldn’t be any of my personal effects though, other than spare uniforms and basic toiletries, because I had packed everything up before we went out on the mission. I’m surprised there’s anything salvageable…

//In my notes I have the following list:
    Van Leigh, Command
    Allard, XO
    Kennon Far, Eng.
    Davesoft, Helm,
    Slate, Weap.
    Adele Mundy, SciComms//

Guy, a glass of red wine, if you please. And when Matsiyan comes in, make him a glass of Irish coffee, with real Jameson’s and real cream. And real damn coffee.

John van Leigh
    Participant

This explains the toothbrush with gemstones on the handle. I thought a NCO wouldn’t want to buy that.

//Thanks! I’ll add them to the list right away.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Gemstones? Not mine, sir. I don’t own anything with gemstones… Anyway, on a toothbrush? That’s just weird!

Udae
    Participant

Actually, encrusting objects with precious materials is fairly common among many skaraan crews. It is a way to increase it demonstrate one’s status. At least that’s how they tell it back home.

John van Leigh
    Participant

That makes sense, as well. If nobody claims it, I’ll just send it to a museum.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

A genuine artefact from the Romantic Wreck of Gallant Hawk, from the Glorious Battle of Whatever They’re Going To Call It… That should appeal to the ghoulish instincts of museum visitors.

I wonder if it looked pretty, spinning in space and catching the light on the gem facets?

John van Leigh
    Participant

I already prepared (or rather had some junior officer do it) a glass sphere with a magnetic levitation device to display it, with the proper lighting it will look wonderful in the docking area of Atlantis.

And so, following the tradition of Falcon, Raven and Phoenix, we shall call the Eagle the Birdie #4

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Eagle is not a number, she is a Free Bird! (cue Lynyrd Skynyrd guitar…)

Matsiyan
    Participant

*Matsiyan strolls in cheerfully and pauses a moment to exchange a word with an officer leaving The Galley and then approaches the bar.

Guy, a glass of Irish coffee, please, with real Jameson’s and real cream. And real damn coffee. And a glass of your finest red wine for Lieutenant M…

* Matsiyan’s eyes widen as he watches Guy place a steaming glass of black fluid, in a stainless steel frame and handle, onto a white ceramic saucer with a paper coaster in it. Taking a spoon and a carton of thick cream Guy floats a quarter inch onto the surface over the back of a spoon.

Matsiyan’s eyes narrow of a sudden and he looks around the busy room scanning the crowded tables. *

She’s already here, isn’t she?

* Matsiyan turns back to Guy who nods affirmatively. Conrad sighs and rolls his eyes. Guy gestures at the recessed wine closet and inquires what Matsiyan had in mind. *

Algolian claret. * He declares reverently. *
    Guy: The ninety-one?

The ninety-five * he correctls firmly *
    Guy: Excellent choice – anything else?

No, just a glass and decanter. I’ll deliver it myself.

Lieutenant Mundy. Ma’am!

Graybeard
    Participant
    Adele Mundy
    Participant

// @ Graybeard, I believe Matsiyan was referring to either HHGG, or Star Trek TOS and TNG, but the language is blast from the past for him too.

// And the Algol (Caput Larvae, Ra’s al Ghūl “the Head of the Demon”, Rōsh ha Sāṭān) rabbithole reminded me of other things: in the Tékumel game by M. A. R. Barker (another blast from the past… though we have several friends who play it to this day) Algol is the home sun of the Tinalíya, or Gnomes; and Unukalhai (Alpha Serpentis, Unuq al-Ħayyah “the Serpent’s Neck”, Cor Serpentis) is the home sun of the Hegléth, or Swamp Folk. So now we can insult the Unukalhai by calling them Swampies.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Promethean Command Station’ is closed to new topics and replies.