The Bar 2416-2237

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Adele Mundy
    Participant

*and the crowd goes wild*

Adele Mundy
    Participant

*Guy brings another glass of red wine. He puts it on the table in front of Commander van Leigh*

“On the house, sir,” he says. “Oh, and apparently it’s all to do with a production of The Pirates of Penwrath Corporation the youngsters have been rehearsing in the closed off section of Deck 13.”

John van Leigh
    Participant

Why, thank you! But I wonder, did they actually need to close off the deck, or did something happen to them?

Matsiyan
    Participant

*Looks thoughtful*
    Just a minute. *whips out datapad*
    Hmm. I thought so. If I was an enterprising young engineering cadet,
    I would weld shut the front doors of the theatre and redirect the hydroponics reserve cistern into the lower three or four feet of the old lecture theatre for some epic naval scenery. It would be easy to cut a hatchway through to the elevated walkway in hydroponics next door. In fact… Cunning. It is already on the plans to extend the walkway when it gets repurposed.

Ha! Very enterprising!

Adele Mundy
    Participant

*raises an eyebrow*

Terribly enterprising. I can’t actually quote which safety regulations they’d be breaking, but there must be several dozens. And wouldn’t station systems pick up all the commotion before they got to that point?

John van Leigh
    Participant

I imagine the Fleet Captain walking into the lecture theatre only to find it flooded. Priceless.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

As the doors open and the water floods out… I think I’d want to be out there somewhere *waves vaguely in the direction of the outer rim* fighting Torgoths, rather than on station, if that happened.

Matsiyan
    Participant

Well another cunning part is that they may have technically not voided a number of regulations because the area is already a designated construction zone. If they have filed plans as part of engineering coursework… Maybe they drew up the plans as theoretical project work related to the hydroponics conversion, and someone had them officially filed as part of a computing project. If they were then to have a valid temporary safety inspection and permit for the performance, they might actually be within bounds. Of course they are going to look pretty silly doing dress rehearsal in neon safety helmets.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Matsiyan, you have far too many good ideas about this. Are you sure they didn’t consult with you before they started rehearsals?

Matsiyan
    Participant

What? Me? Certainly not!

I suppose they could have found out about the recreation of the battle of Salamis some cadets enacted at the academy a few years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The forum ‘Promethean Command Station’ is closed to new topics and replies.