TeamSpeak questions

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) The Mess Hall TeamSpeak questions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Henry Nett
    Participant

Okay, so I’m pretty excited about the upcoming session. And since I’m new, I’ve been trying to familiarize myself with the TeamSpeak setup. As I was looking, a few questions came up (some of which may seem trivial):
    1. What is the purpose of the “C&C Comms Relay”?
    2. If an officer had to contact another ship, would they whisper a specific officer or the ship in general?
    3. Should only last names be used for TS nicknames?
    4. When listing the primary specialization (in your nickname), do you change it to your actual console once you’re assigned?

Kind of random, I know, but answers would be great.

John van Leigh
    Participant

1. The Relay is there for ease of recording. Basically, COs are instructed to have all whispers go to their intended targets, their own ship, and the relay, so that a client that’s recording there gets to listen to everything. It’s also useful if you’re an observer.

2. The ship in general. There are a couple of exceptions, but most of the comms chatter is formatted kinda like “Phoenix to Lancer, the idea is to wait for the fighters to dock back, and then the order will be Foxtrot 3″

3. Last names, first names, or both. Whatever works best for you.

4. Normally you’re expected to tag both primary and current. For example, <Name> | Sci @Wea

Henry Nett
    Participant

Awesome, thanks for the info!

Henry Nett
    Participant

Actually, I just remembered what my last question was supposed to be: Are all ship captains designated as channel commanders, or is that only for battle group/formation leaders?

Blaze Strife
    Participant

Ship captains and their XOs are the Channel Commanders. The senior officers, basically.

Xavier
    Keymaster

It usually is just senior officers with channel commanders. We use it simply to talk OOC to get issues sorted (e.g a server crash) or relay some key information (the settings for solo and coop games for example), and therefore not interrupt the feel of the RP for everyone else.

Henry Nett
    Participant

Okay–thanks, all!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.