Okay, so I’m pretty excited about the upcoming session. And since I’m new, I’ve been trying to familiarize myself with the TeamSpeak setup. As I was looking, a few questions came up (some of which may seem trivial):
1. What is the purpose of the “C&C Comms Relay”?
2. If an officer had to contact another ship, would they whisper a specific officer or the ship in general?
3. Should only last names be used for TS nicknames?
4. When listing the primary specialization (in your nickname), do you change it to your actual console once you’re assigned?
Kind of random, I know, but answers would be great.
1. The Relay is there for ease of recording. Basically, COs are instructed to have all whispers go to their intended targets, their own ship, and the relay, so that a client that’s recording there gets to listen to everything. It’s also useful if you’re an observer.
2. The ship in general. There are a couple of exceptions, but most of the comms chatter is formatted kinda like “Phoenix to Lancer, the idea is to wait for the fighters to dock back, and then the order will be Foxtrot 3″
3. Last names, first names, or both. Whatever works best for you.
4. Normally you’re expected to tag both primary and current. For example, <Name> | Sci @Wea
It usually is just senior officers with channel commanders. We use it simply to talk OOC to get issues sorted (e.g a server crash) or relay some key information (the settings for solo and coop games for example), and therefore not interrupt the feel of the RP for everyone else.