Starmade

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Fulvus
    Participant

Someone mentioned StarMade during last shift. I got curious (but not killed) and investigated, wishing I had, just as a cat, 9 lives to have time to play all funny games out there.
    I’ve done the tutorial – I think – and made my first small ship and am already lost somewhere in vast space. Promising game but steep learning curve and time consuming… 9 lives…

Who of you are playing StarMade? What’s your thoughts of it so far?

Callsign Fulvus, of course.

Leonard Hall
    Participant

jemel, zelreich, allard, and myself have messed with it. Opinion is somewhat mixed.

Jemel Eahain

Gebbens and Brenner have also been on my server but are less active,
    my thoughts are mixed as there is great scope for Makeing anything you can think of, one you make your massive ship what do you do next, it’s not 100% finished and in pre release so much still to be added

Leonard Hall
    Participant

you can do plenty with it but it’s deep alpha so DISCONNECTEXCEPTION every other half hour

Fulvus
    Participant

Are you running your own server Jemel?

I’d guess that what is next is massive fighting between factions. Problem is probably tiresome repairs/rebuilds of ships after each battle. Having to get the resources and all.

Jemel Eahain

I spoke to the guys ihire the server from, they have moved it to a bigger machine and I got the memory upgraded aswell,so that should stop the disconevtions, iv been on with just a couple ppl last couple nights and it seems a lot more stable now
    the new ip is 85.236.101.238:4242

I Dont mind fixing my ship it gives me ideas on how to make it better, you can save a blueprint of your ship and get it spawned in if you manage to get your ship totally destroyed

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by Jemel Eahain.
    Expree | Sci

Is it single-player? I don’t work well with other people.

Fulvus
    Participant

You can probably hide somewhere in a far off corner of the galaxy… out of harms way.

Fulvus
    Participant

BTW Do any of you have any tips what to do when you spawn some 3km outside your ship after crash/restart of game? And there’s nothing but empty space around you…

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by Fulvus.
    Jemel Eahain

Always carry a spare core fulvus, a core on its own travels much faster than you do

Fulvus
    Participant

Ok. I’ll keep that in mind.
    The server seems to have some memory bug or something, I can only connect like 5-10 minutes before client crashes. Says something about increasing memory, but which memory? I’ve tried other servers with no trouble at all.

Jemel Eahain

im seeing cpu spikes in the log are you near a planet per chance? things seem to get a bit funny when near a planet, i have contacted the host but they seem a bit clueless and cant seem to help.
    the other servers you have been on are they all the current build or an older one ?

Fulvus
    Participant

Well, the crashes seems to occur just about whenever. Even when sluggishly swimming manually through space to my ship where the path never came close to a planet as far as I can recall.
    The other servers not behaving the same way have the same build as yours.

Is it only me having this issue?

Jemel Eahain

No lots seem to have this issue, but it’s mostly when the server has to load a lot of things,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.