Seminars

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    John van Leigh
    Participant

After the proposal to do some sort of seminar, we discussed it a bit with the senior officers, and the ones who were here loved it.

Before we start pressing anything, is there a way you’d prefer to see this done? For example, I think this should be an entire weeked during which we distribute the classes with a schedule acording to availability. Ideas?

Blaze Strife
    Participant

Make it at a time attendable for both Americas and the Europe. We could fix the timetable using Doodle, one per lecture.

We can also create a Google Spreadsheet document for lecturers and attendees to write in. Something like this.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Blaze Strife.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Blaze Strife.
    Matthew Vaj
    Participant

Might be best if we spread it out over a couple weeks, having multiple sessions/lectures each week. But yes.

Xavier
    Keymaster

Could you provide more details here regarding seminars and what they are,the content and aim behind them?

John van Leigh
    Participant

It was proposed by Quinn and some others on my last log’s comments.

The proposal is to organize several semi-formal classes on different topics related to the game. For example, an engineer could talk about conservation, helm officer can talk about tactical manouvering… The people that will teach them are volunteers with experience on the subject.

Ideally this would be sort of an event for the entire community, with the objective of advertising the officers of the TSN.

Quinn
    Participant

I would be comfortable leading one on tactical positioning, but I’d probably need a GM’s assistance to manufacture certain situations in order to illustrate various tactics and maneuvers.

John van Leigh
    Participant

I think it can be arranged somehow.

I’m fine with covering some aspects of scicomms, unconventional tactics or aggro.

Matthew Vaj
    Participant

For those who don’t know, aggro = tango. Wrong RP @delpino 😉

John van Leigh
    Participant

Aggro is the concept, regardless of the word used by the RP. Kinda like saying “go with primary beams” instead of “delta 2”.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.