S16: Insurgence (11622-2239)

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Command Centre S16: Insurgence (11622-2239)

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Xavier
    Keymaster

26722-2239

BLACK BOX DATA- LT. ARAS TENEDOS DIARIES

Log #42

Stardate: 206-2220

It’s been almost a month! We follow the Unakalhai separatists relentlessly. Our shifts has been doubled. My fingers are numb from working at the console all day. My eyes are begging to be shut with all their weight.

corrupted

I scanned the ship library for information about my enemy. It says

“The Unukalhai are an extremist, rebel organisation who hold the belief that humanity is the pure, superior race in the galaxy and other alien species should be made to serve, or be eradicated from existence…

…The current Unukalhai faction can be traced back to a group of colonists who escaped from the bombardment of Unukalhai worlds with a number of key ships and ship designs, including the colony seed ship Concord, at the conclusion of the Unukalhai Uprising in 2214. Ever since that time, there have been rumours of recruitment to the Unukalhai cause from human colonies throughout the USFP. Although many of the members of the leadership were killed or captured, not all were accounted for.”

corrupted

Even though we are a small task force, our superiors have full confidence that we will accomplish this task. We will bring them to justice!

corrupted

Tomorrow we will arrive at the Erebus System. It is vital to move forward silently. This task creates an incredible pressure on the psychology of the person.

I can tell that Captain Pace is becoming nervous day by day. Today he yelled at me because I failed to notice a plasma leak in engine 2. Commander D’Rani interfered.

corrupted

It was a tiny leak yet it’s my fault not making system checks correctly. We might get noticed by the enemy. I will be more careful next time.

Xavier
    Keymaster

27722-2239

Log #102
    Stardate: 128-2220

corrupted

We are hunting them one by one!

I can’t keep track of how many ships we destroyed.

corrupted

On the other hand, we are dealing with the Hegemony forces around.

Our supplies have dwindled considerably.

corrupted

Captain PACE reached an agreement with the local pirate communities in the area. At first, I found this situation very strange, but he argued that these methods are necessary for our existence here.

corrupted

I hate pirate ports. It would not be a lie if I say that every time we buy food, so many of our belongings and ship parts are stolen.

They are very primitive, unorganized and superstitious. They think they can take on any ship with brute force.

corrupted

According to the news, we have been transferred to the newly formed Black Ops division. Of course, this explains the decisions taken by our captain.

corrupted

We have been following a particular Griffzungenschwert Class ship, Griff in short, which we believe carries a notorious Unakalhai leader.

He is ruthless and clever. He actually cornered us a couple of times. Captain Pace says we can get to him with the help of pirates because they know every inch of Erebus by heart.

… ignorant, filthy pirates…

corrupted

Xavier
    Keymaster

28722-2239

Log #205
    Stardate: 203-2221

…..

We are getting news from Ximni worlds that people are uprising. It is turning into a civil war. They want to exit USFP and revive their glorious days again it seems. Well good luck Ximni, let’s see how far you’ll go without us.

….

You see, my brother and … and my fiance …. Stella … my beautiful Stella … died in the Spiral Arm War.

She was… She was in my arms… I am sorry I … I cannot …

….

I need to do my duty to USFP and honor my family. Someday I will be a captain in the frontline and everyone will remember my name: Aras Tenedos.

….

I miss you Stella, I miss you every day. I see you wherever I look. I ve been cooped up in this metal box nearly for a year, I am having hard times to keep on going. Give me power!

zzz
    Lt. Jr. Tenedos report to the Bridge
    Lt. Jr. Tenedos report to the Bridge
    zzz

I need to go. Time to hunt a big Griff.
    For you Stella… for you…

Xavier
    Keymaster

29722-2239

Log #1000
    Stardate: 153-2222

This is my 1000th log it seems. It’s been nearly a year since the capture of that Unakalhai leader and its ship, the Griff one. Oh… I have become a full Lt. by the way.

We have placed a skeleton crew on the Griff to fly in formation with Danube.
    I tell you man, this Griff can fire!

It is highly modified. It has Anti mine and Torp systems and countless others. Only thing it misses is a jump drive to be the perfect ship.

Jump drive on a Griff?! As if damn Ximni would share their tech with us. Maybe i am dreaming too much.

…..

Pirates helped us greatly in finding and catching that Unakalhai leader.

…..

We have lost many crew members.

It’s been months since we last received intels and orders from USFP systems.

We are on our own!

…..

Last time we got an intel, it was saying that the Ximni civil war has reached its peak and it seems Ximni will leave the USFP for sure. Well then bye! See you never!

…..

We have started a little academy on board the Griff ship. We are enlisting from pirate bases.

We have to do it, I mean, I understand Captain Pace and his motives. He has been a perfect role model for me in the last year.

…..

We will train these people as cadets and man the Griff.

….

Oh… Ohh… Commander D’Rani started a competition to name the Griff ship. Everyone is excited. Ideas are flying around.

I have joined as well. I hope my suggestion gets selected.

I suggested the name: Stella

Xavier
    Keymaster

30722-2239

BLACK BOX DATA- CMDR. ARAS TENEDOS DIARIES

Log #2302
    Stardate: 232-2223

Today I became a Lt. Commander.

“You are a hero!” said Captain Pace, but I do not think so.

“You are a hero!” he said right after I shot an Unakalhai separatist.

When I got closer to see his face… I mean… he was too young… he was a child.

….

My hands are shaking and I am having trouble hiding them. I need to stay strong for my Stella.

If they see me shaking, I lose all my authority. This region of space is unforgiving.

….

Commander D’Rani gave the control of Stella to me.
    He says: “It would be a shame if I took you away from your girl”.

He was right…
    I repaired this ship, learned every inch of it. It’s mine!

….

We have recruited a lot of pirates and common people in the last year. I admit that they show some courage and civility.

They have the guts to be USFP officers it seems. Still, some of them are wildcards.

There is always a threat of mutiny when it comes to pirates.

Xavier
    Keymaster

31722-2239

Log #3152
    Stardate: 2110-2224

There is a mutiny on board Stella!

Filthy pirates! I let my guard down. I should have known better!

We launched lifepods and regrouped on the Danube.

….

Orders from headquarters say that pirates are a bigger target than Unakalhai right now. Ximni are leaving the USFP and they are being beaten down because of their civil war. Unakalhai numbers are thinner than ever- thanks to us- and they are unlikely to regroup soon.

So the main enemy is pirates!

….

Pace has offered a plan to Admiralty.

He wants to place agents inside pirate clans to control them. He is a clever man, perfect black ops material.

…..

The agents would infiltrate pirate clans, rise up in ranks and will cause distress among them. They will keep them away from being unified under one flag.

But first we need to capture Stella back. Commander Tenedos out!

Xavier
    Keymaster

1822-2239

Log #3162
    Stardate: 1010-2224

We have been following Stella and fighting with it for ten days. We have made a couple of boarding attempts but failed. We are having more casualties than we estimated.

Griff ships are really sturdy, plus Stella has lot of upgrades.

Stella also took some real good damage.
    The front of the ship is battered.

It looks almost as if it’s crooked.
    …..

We will try to board Stella one last time.

I told Pace that I am not leaving without her. It is more than a ship to me.

I know it is not right as an officer to be emotionally attached to something. Good soldier knows when to let go.

But I am not a good soldier after all…
    ….

We have done unspeakable things since I set foot on board the Danube.

What was shocking to me before, now seems normal. I have become callous.
    ….
    Sorry Stella, the man you love is gone…

Xavier
    Keymaster

3822-2239

Log #3172

Stardate: 2010-2224

Stella is ours! cough

….

We have boarded the ship successfully. While we were pushing to the bridge, Captain Pace was shot and we retreated into one of the storage rooms. cough cough

They pinned us down and the flammable objects in the storage room caught fire during the exchange.

….

I could not even breathe but I still had the strength. 

I dragged Pace out and the last thing I remember was Commander D’Rani’s men clearing the corridor for us. I passed out. cough

….

My lungs were on fire when I woke up! I kept pushing the morphine button to ease the pain.

cough “Sembri mezzo-morto. Stai bene?” said Comms officer Lt. Vincenzo. 

He shifts into Italian when he is panicked. 

Ship’s Universal Translator did its job instantly, “You look like you are half-dead. Are you okay?”.

I said “I am fine, is the captain okay?” in pain. It felt like my lungs were being stabbed. I coughed.

I learned that Pace is in surgery, he will live. Cannot possibly explain the sense of relief that I felt. I successfully saved the Captain. cough cough

To soften the air, Commander D’Rani, who is now the Acting Captain, laughed and said: I like what Vincenzo said.

“What do you cough cough mean sir?” I was puzzled.

“I think you have just earned your callsign! Better late than never” he replied and smiled.

I smiled back as well. cough

Xavier
    Keymaster

5822-2239

THE LAST ENTRY

Log #4236

Stardate: 55-2225

That’s it! I am ending this log but will continue via different methods. Maybe I will write on paper  to hide it from others. cough cough

I am going on a covert mission. I will be one of those agents to destabilize pirates.

….

It has a big toll on a human i know that but the gravity of this mission is much more important.

Pace said my name will be remembered when I get back safe and sound. He will stay in contact every time. I trust her with my life. cough

….

They will show me in the documents as “killed in action” till my job is done. I will take Stella as well with my own crew.

I did not fix the front of the ship by the way. It is not causing any trouble.

I thought that leaving it crooked adds a character to the ship. cough**cough

Pace says Stella is not a good name for a pirate ship. 

He changed it into “Star” without my permission. 

I was angry but went along because this will be the last order he will give on board my ship.

I will continue to call it Stella.

….

coughcoughcough

Stella… sorry… Star and I are leaving tomorrow.

I might turn this log into a book when I return, who knows.

Time to make an impact!

Remember me!

Commander Aras Tenedos out!

Xavier
    Keymaster

21822-2239

Mezzomorto jump-rammed the Danube. The explosion was so powerful that a momentary kugelblitz black hole was created. There were no survivors. All quantum information that was once Mezzomorto was lost when his ship crossed the event horizon and was mangled into random Hawking radiation.
    Perhaps this is how he wanted to atone for his sins. Mezzamorto and Pace had quite a history. Now they’re both erased from the universe.

We’ve managed to retrieve the Crooked Star’s black box. Mezzomorto kept all the documents showing that he was a TSN officer and working for Pace in the past. Therefore, it can be said that he documented all the dark things that Black Ops division had done, showing how this branch became derailed in time.

**He has some messages to us:**

Lieutenant Sketxb *I’m sorry, but you won’t get a chance to fly Crooked Star it seems.*
    Commander Donivan *Please take care of Lancer. I’m disappointed you’ve removed some of the… upgrades I’ve installed.*

For now – we’ve received an invitation from Adm. Coates for some margaritas! Enjoy Colony Day!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The topic ‘S16: Insurgence (11622-2239)’ is closed to new replies.