RP system for forums

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) Division Development RP system for forums

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    Xavier
    Keymaster

That sounds a good idea Blaze. I am on with writing up stuff about defining characters for forum games. I will publish the page when it gives a clear idea of how it’ll work. That way people who havent been following all the posts wont have missed anything or get confused.

Fish Evans

Would this be workable with the system we are thinking about? Could we effectively run an RP session over 5 or six nights in this way, or does there need to be more response from the GM?

this is one of the key things the current Mission is looking at determining.. im going to try to limit the gm… cycles to two per day, one mid PM UK time and one just before I go to bed (I go to bed late usualy).. we will see.. it might be that we have to run it on a longer basis… if so that migth create some strange doohicky with reguards to the main shift.. still time can be pretty flexable 😛

Xavier
    Keymaster

Character Creation Guide

Right, here is a document detailing how to create a character for the RP. Hopefully it all makes sense and will fit our purpose. It is a first draft and all typed on my phone, so when I am home in about a week, I’ll go over it and edit it. I’ll also add more information and links, as well as update the TSN Encyclopedia as I can see it being one very useful resource!

Have a go at using the document to better define your own character. @Matsiyan , it could be worth setting up a spreadsheet for people to enter the information. I would se up a form, but being on mobile makes it difficult to do so. Alternatively I could set up a new topic so people can post their characters, share and comment on them and see GM feedbacm where necessary. As you create your characters, I’d like to know if there are any other modules and sub-modules you can think of, or whether the assigned amount for each rank is clear and enough. I wanted to link it more directly to our RP in a shift.

The guidelines for number of modules are there mainly because we are setting up our characters. They give a guide on the amoubt an officer at a certain rank might have been able to study. There is no limit to how many new modules you are able to study at a certain rank once we get going.

I’ll start thinking up a scenario for us to try on the ‘holo-deck’. I already have one idea for a kind of station based one, just need to think up some details to get started. If I draft it out in enough depth it could be one that you have a second go at latter since it will be a holodeck program!

Blaze Strife
    Participant

I suggest adding Diplomacy and Social skills. I don’t intend to train either, but I think it fills an important part of the RP, and is something that can be formally trained.

Aramond
    Participant

I’ll second Blaze’s suggestions, and add my own: combat training. Specifically Close Quarters Combat, a specific Melee Weapon Proficiency, and Firearms Proficiency. The last could be broken down into Handguns and Rifles as well.

Because it’s just not a true RPG until you have the option of punching your problems.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

Ah, I was thinking about mentioning those, but I was not sure if they would fit.

Aramond
    Participant

They would be cool just for flavor, even if they never wind up being used. I was thinking of Adele’s mentioned fencing ability, I see Strife being a bit of a brawler, Eric probably knows how to use that wrench he keeps around, ect.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

I did put them in mostly for flavour. I didn’t really expect Adele to use a sword… But, you know, Sulu 🗡😀 And there are stereotypical characteristics fencers associate with each weapon: foil fencers are the steady, by the rules people, epéeists are the brash egocentrics, sabreurs are romantics… Make of that what you will.

Matsiyan
    Participant

I have not yet had a chance to read Xavier’s doc, but here is a link to a spreadsheet feel free to edit or to offer an alternative by creating another tab (worksheet) within the file. At least this way all the ideas will be in one place.

TSN Officers RP

Blaze Strife
    Participant

You would need to give us permission to edit.

Matsiyan
    Participant

I opened it up to editing. Thanks, Blaze!

Blaze Strife
    Participant

I wanna make it a bit more… smarter. I hope that’s ok.

EDIT: I did a bit of editing, so see if you like that. It can be made even better, but I don’t think there’s any need.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Blaze Strife.
    Fish Evans

Ive taken what Blaze has done and added some logic to help people spend there “Training” entitlement it will give a simple over/under/ok in repose to what you have marked as trained.. it could do with some tweaking, we may need to reduce the nunmber of points/rank or increase the number of subjects.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

What’s meant by Stellar Phenomena as opposed to Astrophysics?

Blaze Strife
    Participant

I’d like an explanation of most modules, as well as confirmation of the inclusion or exclusion of the suggested modules.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 154 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.