RP system for forums

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) Division Development RP system for forums

Viewing 4 posts - 151 through 154 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    Blaze Strife
    Participant

I think the sheet is fine. I remember going through the document and Xavier’s explanations and clarifications on the forum while writing the Processing, and modifying the validation to fit it all. I think I’ve covered all possibilities, but I’m not in the mood to do it all again without proof, so please, create an example officer to show me where the errors are.

I think it’s more likely you misunderstood what you need to do, especially considering what you wrote in point 2.

Matsiyan
    Participant

Point 2 is not intuitive. I went around with Xavier and Blaze a couple of times. It boils down to: choose to be Trained or Confident. There is no cost difference and it does not count against the points or level checks.

Likewise for point 1 we went around a couple of times and the spreadsheet does represent what is intended. Essentially one quater of your modules will be trained, one half confident and one quarter expert.

As a player of RPGs you would expect experts to be a subset of confident but that is not the case. The rule is not “half can be confident or above and of those x can be expert” it is “half can be confident and a further number can be expert”.

It initially seems generous, but it does seem to give well rounded officers who still cannot do everything. There are never enough points. So it must be right 🙂

Charles Beaumont
    Participant

Thanks both for clarifying.

For point 1 it might be worth rewording the doc to clarify, as it does specifically state boost half to confident, then half of those to expert.

For point 2, from having to deal with the occasional powergamer in tabletop, a free skillboost just makes me uncomfortable, and the wording is rather vague on the subject.

Blaze Strife
    Participant
Viewing 4 posts - 151 through 154 (of 154 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.